PDA

View Full Version : POPPET

Mags
03-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Sam.....how is Poppet getting on, have you had much progress with her?
Also was the vet able to clip her coat?

Kazz
04-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes how are you getting on?

shonedek
04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes Mags she has been shaved .Vets had to dart her so we could get her to the vets,but all done and shes happy.Just hoping we can get a brush near her otherwise thats another problem later on.
Shes really coming on and she chats to me non stop.When i sit on the floor shes purring like crazy and rubbing all over me.Shes now looking at walking over my lap and thats the bit im looking forward to as thats the sign of trust.
She has a major hang up about men which i dont think will ever change.The other problem we have now is her case is going to court and she cannot be re homed till its closed.That could take 12 months,so were looking at a couple of options.We may even adopt her.
I will be quitting fostering for this year as it been really hard work this year, we also have so many plans,it would be nice to have a break and start up again toward christmas time. we will see no dout the phone will ring

Mags
04-04-2005, 07:35 PM
That's good news Sam .......if anyone could win her round it would be you. Sounds like she has put her trust in you.

I don't blame you for taking a break from fostering as you've had a few very hard cases over the last months.....and you have your own cats and dogs to look after.

Have a good rest - but please don't desert us!! :wink:

shonedek
04-04-2005, 10:07 PM
it will take a lot for me not to come here and have a chat with you all.
I have a couple of litters due mid April and another Keeshond pup coming June/July so were quite busy here.
will probably be on at very strange times but i will be here,in soul if not in body LOL

Mags
04-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Awww that's nice to hear Sam.....we always look forward to your posts to hear how your clan are getting on.

Sounds like we may be in for some more piccies soon :wink: :wink: .......that is if you can find the time :-)

Fran
04-04-2005, 10:22 PM
You are doing a great job Sam. Good to know that you will still come on here; your stories are always so interesting and we often need to call on your experience ;-)

Mags
04-04-2005, 10:27 PM
I'll second that PK!!

bobbie3917
04-04-2005, 10:40 PM
glad she is getting better Sam and i dont blam you taking a rest. but it is nice to hear from you now and again so dont forget us ;)