PDA

View Full Version : Matilda has broken her tooth

Fran
22-03-2005, 12:39 PM
One of my cats, Matilda has a broken tooth :( I don't know how she has done it. It is one of her top canine teeth. She doesn't seem to be in pain and is still eating but does anybody know if she will need it removing?

Mags
22-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Oooo I don't know PK......maybe a phone call to the vet?

Poor Matilda, extra {{{{hugs}}}}

Any imminent signs of Maud's kittens yet?

Fran
22-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I thought about phoning the vets Mags, but thought I'd ask on here first. Matilda isn't keen on going in the car so if I could avoid it I would. I know the vets will just say bring her in and let us have a look. I probably will take her. Maud looks like a house side :shock: She hasn't 'dropped' yet as Sam said she would when kittens imminent, so I think it won't be just yet. By my reckoning they could come any day from today so we shall see. She is very clingy and wants to sit on my knee all the time, so looks like they will be born on me :lol:

Mags
22-03-2005, 01:57 PM
She is very clingy and wants to sit on my knee all the time, so looks like they will be born on me :lol:

Awww she wants you for her birthing partner PK :lol:

shonedek
22-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Pk i would leave her as you said its not in pain.I have one with half a canine and my vets wont remove unless it start to hurt her.As i precaution all my cats are on Fragari liquid which is added to the water.This help to keep the teeth clean so no deposits in the broken tooth.Mines been like it for 3 years

Fran
22-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh thanks Sam, I will probably leave her then unless I notice it is causing her discomfort.

Fran
22-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Mags, I hope she does want me to be her birthing partner, I would be absolutely gutted if I missed anything :roll:

Mags
22-03-2005, 10:12 PM
The next few days are going to be exciting!

Lorraine
26-03-2005, 02:01 PM
hi pretty kitty my siamese did exactly the same thing brike his tooth I did take him to the vet but as there was no nerve exposed she said just to leave it thats about 2 yrs ago now and he is fine hope your s is ok :o

Fran
26-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks for that Sanachio, she's managing to eat cat biscuits ok and doesn't seem in any pain so I think I will just keep any eye on her.