PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats like tomato sauce

Kazz
18-03-2005, 09:18 PM
I ask because all his life Oz has been a fan of sardines and pilchard both in tomato sauce he won't touch the ones in oil.

dinahsmum
18-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh yes :D Pilchards in tomato sauce - all the babes queue up for them!

Siamese also likes my pasta sauce (and pasta) of all sorts - bol, tomato, tomato & chilli, tuna, you name it. She has odd tastes though.

Mags
18-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Kazz, my vet told me to give Cassie pilchards in tomato sauce when she wouldn't eat anything else she loves them!

Kazz
18-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Ohh my Oz adores spaghetti - you have to hold the stand and he sort of he sucks it into his mouth. :-D

Oz adores nan bread, pompodoms,scratchings, chicken tikka, and loves the jar from fish paste.
He hates milk, cheese, eggs.
Cleo is more conservative and loves pork, cheese, egss, fresh cream, kippers.

Karen

Mags
18-03-2005, 10:06 PM
:shock: :shock: they have quite varied diets then Kazz :-D
I'm just having a mental picture of Oz sucking up his spaghetti! :lol:

Fran
18-03-2005, 10:13 PM
:-D Mine like sardines in either tomato sauce or oil but the dogs go mad for tomato sauce.

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:13 PM
They eat anything and everything always have.

They are particularly fond of grilled boneless neck of lamb fillets.
And Oz has a likeing for tiger prawns although Cleo prefers grilled pork chops.
They both like gamon - smoked normaly.
And they both eat roast chicken and grilled boneless breasts of chicken or turkey but only Cleo likes Duck Oz is not sure.

But they both enjoy Whiskers senior sachets and Sainsbury's and Tesco's own catfood.

Oh and Oz eats Kiwi fruit but Cleo won't and both like pancakes but Only Cleo eats yorkshire pudding. :roll:

Fran
18-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Blimey Kazz you really do know them inside out :lol:

Mags
18-03-2005, 10:21 PM
:shock: Do they sit at the table with you as well Kazz? :lol: :lol:

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Of course I do. Oscar watches fireworks from the bedroom window and if he can get out watches them from the shed roof too. :roll: Cleo watches from the bedroom window but does not like the whistling ones :?

Oz hates the wind and during bonfire week the only time a litter tray is about Oscar will never use it no matter how desperate he is. Cleo will use a litter tray before you have toped it up. :roll:

Oscar hates people who smoke - he was burned many times with a cigaratte as a kitten before I got him. :(
Cleo hates the old fashioned bell ringing alarm clock by the side of my bed.

Cleo will sleep in the dirt in the garden amongst the flowers but Oz only dozes on the grass.

Cleo loves everyone and would have been a perfect shop cat - one who everyone strokes. Oz (due to his treatment as a kitten I think) is selective about people.

But even after all these years both of them only roll on their backs for a tummy tickle from me.

Oz sleeps by my left foot and Cleo sleeps by my head.

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:26 PM
No they don't sit at the table they don't need to when they have humans to deliver food to their feet :wink: .

Mags
18-03-2005, 10:33 PM
:shock: :shock:
I'm sure you must have missed something they do Kazz!! :wink:

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:35 PM
You are right I did;

:smt038 They love us

Mags
18-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Brilliant!!

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I meant to say;
You are right I did;

:smt038 They love us

But not as much as we all love them :smt049

Mags
18-03-2005, 10:45 PM
But not as much as we all love them :smt049

........and spoil them! :smt007

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:50 PM
No they aren't spoilt. In their younger days they used to go out and about and Oscar could and still does hold up all the traffic in my road (its a long windy cul de sac) because he walks down the middle of the road. Luckily the whole setate seems to know him ;-) and either try to be paitent or the occasional nutter will try to get round him - that does not work as the kids from the estate ( not mine) soon spot that and keep an eye on him. :-D

They have always been treated as cats and I think that is a testament to their ages and health.

Mags
18-03-2005, 10:54 PM
He seems a right character!

Kazz
18-03-2005, 10:57 PM
He is. Always has been and Cleo is just Daisy may :-D

Mags
18-03-2005, 11:02 PM
:lol:

truthisouthere
11-04-2006, 12:33 PM
My eldest loves pilchards in tomato sauce. He licks the sauce off sometimes and comes back later for the pilchards. However, I did read somewhere that as it is a food that has a very high purine content it is not good for a cat's arthritus, is very salty (not good for the heart) and the tomato sauce is slightly toxic to cats too!:( So I don't feed him this anymore. If your cat wants something REALLY tasty why not try Tesco's Finest range, in little tins. My Maine C""n loves the White Fish with Tiger Prawns one. As for dried food, 'Olli''s not a bad one, cats love it and it's all natural ingredients. (Only the best for my lot!):)

CJK
11-04-2006, 12:38 PM
how'd i ttoally miss this thread until now?

nope, my moggies dont like and wouldnt dream of giving it to the others as they have more delicate tums

Julie84
11-04-2006, 02:07 PM
The boys haven't tried pilchards or sardines but Murphy loves baked beans in tomato sauce and they will both devour tagliatelle carbonara given half a chance! :roll: :lol:

yola
11-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Most of mine are happy with their cat biscuits. Balie will occasionally eat popadoms and doritos but other than that the only thing Fifi and Balie will look at are prawns, tuna juice, chicken, turkey, frankfurters :shock: and ham.

Darcy just doesn't bother with anything other than his Royal Canin . . .

I've never had pilchards in tomato sauce or anything else . . . so it follows that we tend not to have them in the house and therefore the cats haven't had an opportunity to sample them!

Elaine
11-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Winston used to love pilchards and sardines but not in tomatoe sauce. His brother Mutley used to like bananas and chips inh curry sauce.
Eva loves king prawns and Bernie loves ham and cheese. Neither of the youngsters are too bothered about sardines with or with out tomatoe sauce.

Julie84
11-04-2006, 05:29 PM
The boys haven't tried pilchards or sardines but Murphy loves baked beans in tomato sauce and they will both devour tagliatelle carbonara given half a chance! :roll: :lol:

Just thought I'd add that I've never fed them these foods - it's been when I've thought that they have been a bit quiet and found them dish washing! :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: