PDA

View Full Version : Do yours...

Moli
18-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Go out? Mine only get out if I am at home,They go for a wander around the garden and then come in.Leo ask's out to pee,the come's straight back in,I think he thinks he is a dog..It maybe sounds parinoid but I am always scared someone will pinch them :(

Mags
18-03-2005, 09:49 AM
If I owned pedigree Moli, I think I would be scared to let them out. Maybe you could have done it years ago but not these days.

Cassie goes out every day. In winter she is out and back in in a flash, doesn't like the cold and wet!! In summer she's out practically all day and I've a job to get her in at night (and I'll stay up all hours until I get her in!!).

Abbi
18-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Moil, I have two pedigrees and they don't go out - I am too frightened as I am sure they would get stolen, better to be safe than sorry!

Moli
18-03-2005, 10:54 AM
If I owned pedigree Moli, I think I would be scared to let them out. Maybe you could have done it years ago but not these days.

Cassie goes out every day. In winter she is out and back in in a flash, doesn't like the cold and wet!! In summer she's out practically all day and I've a job to get her in at night (and I'll stay up all hours until I get her in!!).I have been there Mags..Leo has a habit of dashing out when the dogs go out last thing, Like you I spend hopurs looking for him.

Fran
18-03-2005, 11:35 AM
All mine go out with the exception of Lucky my eighteen year old who chooses not to go out any more. They have access via cat flaps but I do have them all in at night with the exception of Sylvester who will wake you up in the middle of the night to let him out :roll:

Mags
18-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I couldn't sleep if I didn't have Cassie in for the night :(

bobbie3917
18-03-2005, 01:38 PM
mittens stayed in and so will any other cat i have. even if i get a moggie. and the reason i do this is i have lost a cat due to the fact that he was used to my dogs and did not think other dogs would hurt him and thats how we lost him :(

Mags
18-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Oooo of course, he would think all dogs were friendly if he got used to yours, that's worth remembering Nat.

smudgley
18-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Mine are free to come & go as they like (not the foster cats obviously)
Mitten goes off all the time & STILL goes home ....... :shock: to the wrong home. :( She continues to go back to our old house & will not then come home until we fetch her.
Emily is always inside (the thought of getting her paws cold makes her mad!)
Smudge likes to go off hunting & checking out all the other cats nearby.

Every night a tabby & white cat comes & sits on our drive waiting for mine to go out & see him, Smudge always goes to play with him.

Mags
18-03-2005, 11:18 PM
It's strange how cats never forget their first home isn't it? It's a good thing you didn't move too far away Smudgley!

Moli
18-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I have moved 4 times since getting my older cats, they never wandered.Suppose thats because they are house cats...

smudgley
18-03-2005, 11:50 PM
My other 2 have never even thought about the old house since we left there.

Mitten goes out - stays in the garden for a while, then wonders off & once she's gone - she won't come back, we have to go & fetch her. She has to cross a very busy road too. We moved last Sept so I can't see that she'll ever realise we just don't live there any more.

PaulaB
19-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Mine are staaying inside, Tippy is so curious I could see her getting runover, Socks is not that bright but worried about the same plus his mum is so nervous there is a huge risk that she would freak out and flee and where mum goes so does Socks!

Mags
19-03-2005, 10:04 AM
As I said Cassie goes out but she always stays at the back of the house - I think I would be a nervous wreck if she went near the road :shock:

PurpleJackdaw
20-03-2005, 11:02 PM
I let mine out at night so they dont catch the birds in the garden ,I live in the countryside and they are wary of strangers so I dont think anyone could steal them and the nearest house to us is about a quarter of a mile away ,Tabatha wont go outside though because before we moved to this house we lived next to a busy road so I didnt let the cats out then so she dosent want to go out now and she is a very shy cat ,but the other 4 love going out

Lorraine
22-03-2005, 07:30 AM
mine are in and out all the time they all like out at night i am in the country so they should be safe enough from people its foxes and badgers that they have to be wary of

Fran
22-03-2005, 09:31 AM
We have a fox visit our garden, eyeing up the rabbits, thats why I like mine in at night.

Mags
22-03-2005, 09:32 AM
It is mainly beacause we live in a built up area that I keep Cassie in at night.

Emm
29-03-2005, 05:30 PM
all my cats come and go as they please through the cat flap - there was one night when we had to keep them in because Mencius had slashed his paw open - we closed off the cat flap and we woke in the morning the cats had actually ripped the flap off the door!

Mags
29-03-2005, 05:34 PM
We always lock the cat flap at night and Cassie used to scratch it like mad trying to get out......now we have to put something in front of it to stop her :roll:

How did you pick your cats names Emm? They are very unusual.

Emm
29-03-2005, 08:41 PM
My OH picked their names - he teaches Taichi and they are all named in refernce to Taichi or Taoism

Mags
29-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Aaaaah that explains it! :wink:

Fran
29-03-2005, 10:42 PM
The names are very original Emm and very beautiful too. Have you got any piccies to show us Emm? We like piccies on here :-D

Mags
29-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Yes, we love piccies on here Emm!! :-D

Jessica
29-03-2005, 11:29 PM
I have five cats and three of them go out most days and two of them dont go out at all and never have.

Holly our oldest cat refuses to go out, ever! We've had her since she was 6 weeks old and she's nearly 13 now and she has never spent an entire day outside! In the summer if we're all outside she'll occassionally come out and sunbathe on the patio for a couple of hours, but then goes back in. She much prefers to lie on the chairs in the conservatory though!! She wont even pee outside! She'll actually come in to pee in the tray then go back outside, she's so strange!lol

Three of them go out most days but always come back before dark as we dont like leaving them out at night! :)

Emm
30-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll try and get piccies posted soon

Fran
30-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Hurry Emm! We love to see piccies :D

Mags
30-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Jessica, my cat Cassie is a bit like your Holly.......she'll go outside for a bit and then come back in to use her litter tray!! :? I never leave her out all night either.