PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Wanted

Jenny Snell
27-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Nice little standard femail moggie kitten wanted. I know it's not yet kitten season, but there are some new kitties around out there but I keep missing them, or they are too far from me.

I did have a kitten that was due to arrive this weekend but the whole litter became ill a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they caught FeLV from one of the older cats living in the house.

So I am on the lookout again now as I have three very sad children. I am sad too!

I live in Hampshire.

Jenny

dinahsmum
27-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Have you contacted Blue Cross at Southampton? You're right it is early but you never know.....

Mags
27-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Hello Jenny and welcome to Catpages :smt039

My area would be too far from you but have you tried your local Cats/Dogs home as they may have just the kitty you are looking for.

I hope you find one soon to brighten up your children's faces!
Please let us know when you get one, we are a friendly bunch here and would love to know how the kitten is getting on and maybe see some pic!!

Good luck with your search!

Jenny Snell
27-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I have tired all the local rescue centres, Blue Cross, RSPCA, Cats Protection, etc, but absolutely nothing. I have also checked with shelters outside my area. I have been on the Free Ads, etc, but I am never quick enough!

Something will come along though, I am sure.

Mags
27-02-2005, 02:32 PM
How about checking out the notice boards in your local pet shops or vets?

Abbi
27-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Hiya and welcome to CP

Good luck in your search, I am sure the right baby will come along soon!

Abbi

Jenny Snell
27-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi Mags

I have tried all the pet shop notice boards and also all our local, and not so local, vets.

I am on a kitten mission at the moment!

Jenny

Mags
27-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh! Don't know what else to suggest! LOL Looks like you may have to hang on til nature takes its course!

Hope the children will be patient :lol:

Please keep us informed when you get one!

shonedek
27-02-2005, 06:26 PM
go and have a look on a site called kittenlist.They have a section for non pedigrees.We had a litter of moggys not long ago and after listing them on this site they were booked within 5 mins and all went next day.Very quick

Jenny Snell
27-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Shonedeck

I went on Kitten list again this afternoon, but nothing recent. I have, however, e-mailed all the advertisers, within a reasonable diatance, asking if they have any kittens.

Jenny

Jenny Snell
28-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Have found some kittens. Will be collecting them on Saturday!!

So excited - only 5 days to go.

A lady e-mailed me yesterday evening as she had seen one of my adverts on AdMart. She had a litter of 5 needing homes. The mother is a Burmese Blue cross and the father is quite a stunning white and ginger.

Lovely little white girl kitten with tortoiseshell patches on her ears and tail. The other is a black & white female. :D [/img]

Mags
28-02-2005, 10:40 PM
That's brilliant news Jenny!!!

They sound beautiful kittens, how old are they? I bet your children are really excited now. Are you getting 2 kitties?

Please, please post some pics on here in our pictures section when you get them and let us know how they are getting on.

Fran
28-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Congratulations Jenny, you all must be so excited! Piccies pleeeease.

Jenny Snell
28-02-2005, 11:20 PM
I am having the white one and my daughter's science teacher is having the black and white one. He lives just doen the road from me so the kittens will still be able to keep in touch!

I work from home so she will be good company for me.

How do I post a picture on here?

Jenny

shonedek
28-02-2005, 11:22 PM
im glad you found a new addition to your family,please post pics when you get them

Jenny Snell
28-02-2005, 11:32 PM
This picture is a bit fuzzy but you can see how cute she looks!

http://www.new-milton.freeserve.co.uk/Kizzy3.bmp

Mags
28-02-2005, 11:44 PM
She's beautiful Jenny - what a cute little face she has!

Have you decided on a name for her yet?

http://tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/animal12.gif

shonedek
28-02-2005, 11:54 PM
oh a van pattern ,one of my favs.She looks like she could be fun little twinkle in her eye

Jenny Snell
01-03-2005, 08:20 AM
We're going to call this one Kizzy

Naomi
01-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Awww she's so sweet

Mags
01-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Jenny

If you go to the 'Your Pictures' section on the Forum Index you will see a link giving you full instructions of how you can post your pics on here.

It took me some time to get the hang of it, so don't worry if you can't do it the first time. Keep trying......and if I can do it, you can do it!! :lol:
Good luck!

shonedek
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
took me ages to get hang of doing pictures.Just when you think youve cracked it some smart person says i cant see it LOL.Drove me mad but got it now,if that isnt tempting fate

Mags
01-03-2005, 07:18 PM
:lol: Sam I've still got to look at my notes now or I'd get it all wrong!!

Don't you feel proud when you've posted your very first pic though! :wink:

Abbi
01-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah me and Mags know all about that! he he he he

Mags
01-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Remember the grass Abbi? My tray is out in the garden now looking quite sorry for itself :( Cassie didn't bother with it too much after the first week.

We were quite pleased with those pics weren't we? :lol:

Abbi
01-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Those pics were great!

Mine were not that bothered at all.

shonedek
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
mine dont like grass grown from pet shops they prefer what grows in the garden.Last year i grew catnip for the first time.Big success cats loved it,high as kites they were

Fran
02-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Oooh, I'll have to have a go at growing catnip - as if they are not crackers enough :-D

shonedek
02-03-2005, 02:58 AM
mine went totally crazy on cat nip.Its like a drug to them but not all like it.Glad its not just me that has mad cats or is that owners lol

Mags
02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Both I think Sam!! :roll:

shonedek
02-03-2005, 05:19 PM
only way to be lol

Mags
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
LOL @ Sam

Mags
10-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Jenny, how has Kizzy settled in?

shonedek
10-03-2005, 04:15 PM
yea do tell hows your baby

Jenny Snell
07-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Kizzy has settled in brilliantly. She is a real little sweetheart and loves to fall asleep on you upside down in the crook of your arm. She is quite partial to having her paws tickled!
She is also very playful and really loves the company of people. Even my husband, who was not particularly a cat lover and wasn't keen on having one, has taken a real shine to her.
I was a bit unsure whether to have two kittens or not and am glad now that I just had the one. She gets all our attention and we get hers, so we are all happy. Our vet said that cats are independent anyway and don't necessarily need other cats for company. I have also read this in a couple of magazines recently, so I don't feel at all guilty about it.
Haven't decided yet, but I think I may keep her as an indoor cat. Her parents were indoor cats and they are quite happy. I have taken her in the garden a few times on a harness and lead and she really doesn't seem to like being outdoors. I will play this by ear.
She has loads of toys, and has a couple of new ones arriving soon - a fabulous 5 ft cat tree from America and a Kitty Cat Playhouse. Plenty to keep her occupied, plus 3 children (and me!) who are always eager to play with her! She won't be bored. She also keeps me company in my office at home when I am working. We just love her to bits!
We are off away for the weekend and she will be coming with us. We have also decided to buy an American RV as we quite fancy a few weekends away and also some visits to Europe. We could take her with us as these motorhomes have loads of room in them. I must look into it but I understand that pets can travel to Europe as long as they have had their rabies jabs, etc.

I have posted some newer pics on the following page:
http://www.new-milton.freeserve.co.uk

Jenny

Fran
08-04-2005, 07:44 AM
She is absolutely beautiful Jenny. I can see that she is one very much loved and spoilt little kitty :-D

Mags
08-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Kizzy is gorgeous Jenny!
Please keep us updated with her pics :wink:

Abbi
08-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Kizzy is a poppett, what a cute little baby! Enjoy her!

bobbie3917
08-04-2005, 06:59 PM
she is such a cutie

Naomi
12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
She is soooo sweet