PDA

View Full Version : Advice anyone

Moli
20-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I lost my 13 tear old siamese 3weeks ago, I had him from a 7week kitten. A friend of mine has just offered me a siamese kitten. I really cannot decide what to do.I have 3 dogs and 2 cats just now, and know my lot would be ok with a kitten,But cannot make up my mind if i want one or not. Sam(siamese was very special. What do you think :? :?

Abbi
20-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Hmmmm it's a hard decision, I am a sucker for pets and I would probably get the kitten, not to replace your beloved Cat but because it would be an exciting time and would give a little baby a speacial home with you.

As regards to your other pets, have you introduced young animals to them beofre? What are your dogs like temperment wise?

Moli
20-02-2005, 11:22 AM
My dogs are complete saps, I intruduced Merlin at 9 weeks 16months age,and the daft dogs were scared of him,now he sleeps with the staffies. They all accept anything i bring into the house.In September we got tara, 8week staffie pup, she has settled down well,she was sleeping with the big dogs 24 hours after we brought her home.

Abbi
20-02-2005, 11:30 AM
awwww that's really nice! How do you feel about getting the kitten?

Moli
20-02-2005, 11:36 AM
There will never be another sam, and I don't know if I could feel the same way about another siamese,as I did sam.He has just left a huge hole, I still have trouble accepting he has gone.

dinahsmum
20-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Sounds as though it's too soon for you Moli.

Only you can make the decision but from what you say you're unsure as to whether you want a Si anyway plus being unsure as to whether there is even a cat-shaped hole in your life.

I'm sure if you got the kitten you would love it to bits but perhaps it's not the right time.

Only you can decide. :) Take care x

Mags
20-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Moli I know how you feel. I lost my Sam about 7 years ago and was adamant that I wouldn't have another cat. After three months I felt really lost without him. Out of the blue my OH had phoned up about a 7week old tortie without telling me and arranged for us to go and see it. I fell in love with this little bundle immediately and had to have her.

She never replaced Sam, he was a one off special cat. But I love her in a totally different way and she is very different in her ways to Sam.

I know you have other pets but the loss of one loved one still leaves a gap and if you feel you've still got enough love to offer to this little kitty, go for it. Just remember you are NOT replacing Sam, just getting another wonderful bundle of mischief!

Good luck in whatever you do and let us know what you decide.

Azz
23-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I'd say go with your heart and what 'feels' best too.

It's something only you can decide but all of us are here for u if u need us!

:-)