PDA

View Full Version : My other 2

PurpleJackdaw
11-02-2005, 12:34 PM
this is Jessie she is Bo's cousin and Tabatha is her Aunty too
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/purplejackdaw/jessie.jpg

This is Midge ,he was born in the woods to a feral cat that I was feeding ,I mannaged to catch one of her Kittens and rehome it ,then about a month later another kitten went into my shed so after alot of climbing about in all the junk I found him and mannaged to catch him ,nearly losing my fingers in the process ,I let him loose in the house and after a few months he started to get used to us now he is a big softy ,you would never guess now that he used to be a terrified little feral cat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/purplejackdaw/Image3.jpg

Mags
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Lovely pics PJ!

A few years ago we used to have some feral cats at the back of us. Being a softie, I used to take food out to them every day as they were so thin. Three of them were very timid but I managed to befriend the fourth and she would let me smooth her. I called her Twinkle! A few weeks later it became obvious that she was pregnant so not wanting another litter of feral cats around I phoned the Dog/Cats Home for advice. They said to try and catch her and bring her in where she could have her kittens and they could be re homed. After a lot of effort I managed to catch her and took her, with a supply of cat/kitten food to the home.
I used to phone every day to see how she was and if she'd had the kittens. One day when I checked they told me they had 'taken' her kittens away from her as they wouldn't be able to rehome them! I felt so sad and guilty that she wasn't allowed to have her kittens that I vowed that I would never do that again. And I couldn't bring myself to phone the Home again to check on her. :cry:

PurpleJackdaw
11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
what did they do to her kittens ? :(
If I can tame Midge from the age he was ,these kittens would have been like normal cute kittens ,the first one from his litter I caught was about 5 weeks old and was terrified as he had never seen a human before ,he bit my finger when I picked him up ,he was so scared ,but within a few weeks he was really friendly and would run across the room and leap onto my leg :-D
as he was so friendly I rehomed him ,but with midge being so much older he would just hide and never come out if a person was around ,but after a long time he learned to trust us and now he is a big softy

Mags
11-02-2005, 03:17 PM
They operated to take them away and they were PTS :(
Yes I would have thought the kittens would have made nice pets.....I think it was more a case of being overrun with kittens at the time and no-one would want them coming from a feral mum. Just goes to show you've proved them wrong!
I think they might have had a problem rehoming the mum as she wouldn't let anyone get near her at the Home but I really think they should have given the kitties a chance.

PurpleJackdaw
11-02-2005, 03:24 PM
that is so sad that they could do such a thing
poor little kittens they didnt even get a chance :cry:
the mum would prob have to be a feral cat again after her ordeal or live in somones shed if they put food out for her

Mags
11-02-2005, 04:05 PM
It is sad because you try to do what you think is best and never dream that it could have an unhappy ending :(

Charleygirl
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! !!
their soooooo cute :lol:

Abbi
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
That is really sad, life is so nasty at times :O(

Mags
11-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Although she was a feral, I had got quite attached to her, she used to come into the garden, stop in front of me and 'paddle' her feet. That's why I called her Twinkle (Twinkle toes) cos she was so small and delicate :(

Abbi
11-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Bless her, that so nice of you trying to do you best for them. Do you have any pics of her Mags??

Mags
11-02-2005, 09:53 PM
I took some photos when the four of them were kittens. If I find them it'll be a case of taking a photo of a photo again and hope it'll come out!

Abbi
11-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Would love to see Mags.

Naomi
17-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Wow lovely cats.

My hubby's dad has semi-ferral cats. The kittens they have now were little terrors lol.

To catch them u had to wear rigger gloves so they didn't hurt so much when they clung onto u with their claws

Azz
18-02-2005, 07:32 PM
great pics!

hey love the coving (pinches ideas!)
:-)