PDA

View Full Version : One cat or two?

Kazz
18-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I have two cats, Oscar and Cleo. Didn;t mean to had one Archie who was run over and killed aged 9 months. I was eventually talked into going to look at a kitten who needed a "foster home" I went and saw Cleo a gorgeous friendly happy ginger and white kitten. I fell in love.
Then the lady explained she was found in a bin liner with her "rother" they believed who had been abused. He was scared they said well frightened to death would have been more accurate. And was rarely seen choosing to "hide."
I sat with the lady and said I wouldn't "foster" the lottle female, but would take her. As I sat there playing with a piece of string with the little female, out from under the curtain crept (and I do mean crept on his belly) the little male a white with splodges of giner kitten covered in burns from cigarettes etc. And with no whickers (they had been pulled out) he was an "ugly" little kitten but he crept out and "patted" the string.

What could I do.

So I had 2 cats instead of the went for 1.

Mags
18-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Awwww that's such a touching story Karen. So pleased you took Oscar as well, a lot of people just wouldn't have bothered with him. And I'm sure he's rewarded you for giving him a happy SAFE home.

We're a lot of softies at heart aren't we? :smt049

Azz
18-11-2004, 10:34 PM
We're a lot of softies at heart aren't we? :smt049

even me?

Great story Kazz!

Kazz
18-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Oscar and Cleo have my heart. But sometimes I think Oscar has my soul if you see what I mean. There is just something about him, maybe it's because sadly he took about 5 years before he would let anyone stroke him bar me :( due to his past treatment.

Although going to the vets was fine, he just puts his head under my coat and pretends thevet isn't there. :?

Mags
18-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Aww sounds like my type of cat :smt049

Abbi
19-11-2004, 09:58 AM
Kazz your great for taking them both, I bet you have a speacial bond with him - How could anybody do anything like that, I am so glad they have a loving home with you now!

Naomi
19-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Aww Kazz that's such a sweet story.

Kazz
19-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks all.

Have to say I am lucky to have them, they are both lovely Cleo is a cat with a kind (a proper shop cat) you know loves everyone convinced everyone loves her too.

Bastet
21-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Thats such a sweet story :D

And yes, even you Azz :D :lol: