PDA

View Full Version : Why a cat?

Kazz
18-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Why and how did you get your cats? was it because your parents had a cat, you found one, one appeared and didn't go away? why choose a cat?

Naomi
18-11-2004, 09:29 AM
I had my first cat after I miscarried our first child. It was great therapy cos I had somethng else to concentrate on rather than dwelling on the miscarriage

Abbi
18-11-2004, 10:06 AM
I got Daisy first becasue i moved into my first house on my own and wanted some company and with being out all day at work I did not think it was fair to get a dog.

I then got Amber I begged and begged my other half as I really wanted another cat and we had the room, he eventaullay gave in - unfortunately Amber and Daisy did not get on very well - Daisy was an outdoor cat and Amber had to stay in as she was a pedigree - Obviously Amber was lonely and needed a play mate so along came Archie!!!

Three is enough for me I love my little family!

Azz
18-11-2004, 02:45 PM
We got Cheetah from a breeder in bristol (frappant) and have both grown up with cats.

If I had my way we'd have a mini Zoo!

Abbi
18-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Me too Azz!!!

shonedek
18-11-2004, 07:17 PM
i grew up with siamese cats as my parents showed them 30+ years ago.We had one persian(blue) who was my best friend.I lost him when he was about 2 and i was only about 7-8 years old.I always said when i had the time to dedicate to them i would have a persian again.I now have slightly more than one .

Bastet
18-11-2004, 07:48 PM
We've always had cats. :D So when Tigger the second died, the house didn't seem the same :( So we had to get another one :D

Mags
18-11-2004, 07:50 PM
We got Sam because my children loved the cat which belonged to their friend next door. They kept on and on so we eventually got him. He was an absolutely brilliant cat, very gentle with everyone indoors but king of his patch outdoors :lol:

And Cassie .....well, unfortunately Sam was PTS as he developed a tumour. I swore I couldn't replace him. I'd lost my father a few months earlier and eventually felt I needed another pet to fill the loss of both of them. She is totally different in nature to Sam and an absolute angel :)

Abbi
18-11-2004, 08:08 PM
awwww Maggs that bought a lump to my throat!

Azz
18-11-2004, 10:36 PM
awwww Maggs that bought a lump to my throat!

me too!

and both Cassie and Sam have and had a brilliant home with you Mags :-)

Abbi
19-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I bet your a fantastic mummy Maggs !

Naomi
19-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Awww Mags

Mags
19-11-2004, 07:18 PM
:oops:

bobbie3917
30-11-2004, 08:37 PM
my family was never a cat family
but one day when looking though a cat book i fell in love with the breed

i got to know them and that was it i had to have 1.
tock me a few years to talk OH around but he likes her aswall now

Azz
01-12-2004, 12:38 AM
more piccies please Nat!!! been ages!

bobbie3917
09-12-2004, 12:11 AM
have added some Azz

and nice to have a quick reply here

Mags
09-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Bet you can't imagine ever being without her now, eh Nat?

PaulaB
25-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I grew up with cats in the house. I got 2 cats myself from a woman at work. Her sister was basically starving them to death and her parents took them away. After my mother and myself brought a house together we had them together untill they both died of old age 16 and 17. After a year I really missed having cats so went to cats protection to look at 1 black and white tom and a quiet (ha) black queen. I fell in love with their tabby mother and they all came home to us. Definatly helped when my dad died suddenly. Tippy the so called quiet one is a little demon we have had to decorate the kitchen and my mother's bedroom because of scratching the wallpaper, it was woodchip so she was forgiven (after smack on the bum) the landing and stairs is next because of the same thing. She has now discovered what fun you can have jumping on wardrobes and swinging at the top of doors, I am sure she is trying to give me a heart attack!!! Unfortunatly because their mum has been badly beaten up in the past she is too nervous to go out so I am going to build a pen so she can get some fresh air.

How did i manage to double post?

PaulaB
25-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I grew up with cats in the house. I got 2 cats myself from a woman at work. Her sister was basically starving them to death and her parents took them away. After my mother and myself brought a house together we had them together untill they both died of old age 16 and 17. After a year I really missed having cats so went to cats protection to look at 1 black and white tom and a quiet (ha) black queen. I fell in love with their tabby mother and they all came home to us. Definatly helped when my dad died suddenly. Tippy the so called quiet one is a little demon we have had to decorate the kitchen and my mother's bedroom because of scratching the wallpaper, it was woodchip so she was forgiven (after smack on the bum) the landing and stairs is next because of the same thing. She has now discovered what fun you can have jumping on wardrobes and swinging at the top of doors, I am sure she is trying to give me a heart attack!!! Unfortunatly because their mum has been badly beaten up in the past she is too nervous to go out so I am going to build a pen so she can get some fresh air.

dinahsmum
25-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I've always had cats.
Probably been in a catless house for less than 24 months in total in my whole life. :)

Mags
25-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Sounds like you have plenty of excitement with your gang in your house Paula!

How nice that you gave them all a home together. :)

Cassie has started clawing at the wallpaper in the hall and we only decorated it less than a year ago. I go round with a glue stick trying to stick the tell-tell signs down before my OH sees it!! :lol:

Abbi
25-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh dear Mags!!!

Mags
25-02-2005, 08:17 PM
LOL - he's not as forgiving as me Abs!

Fran
25-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I sympathise with you Mags, I use to have blown vinyl wall paper - it was my cats dream sctratching post :-D consequently, most of my walls are now plastered and just painted ;-)

Mags
25-02-2005, 08:25 PM
:evil: cats seem to know when you've got claw-friendly wallpaper don't they :roll: I think I'll have to get some of that stuff you can spray on to deter them - forgotten the name, does anyone know?

Abbi
25-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Pet behave mags, mine HATE it!!!

Mags
25-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Ahhhh that's it! Thanks Abbi I'll get some - anything rather than decorating the hall again!