PDA

View Full Version : Cat gone missing

Naomi
06-11-2004, 07:56 PM
I was told yesterday that my friends cat has gone missing. It was the 'granny' cat from my earlier posts :(

She was seen a afew days ago by some boys and she was limping really badly but no-one has seen her since :smt009

Azz
06-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Aww :-( I hope she is found soon :cry:

dinahsmum
07-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Poor babe. :(

Hope she comes home.

Cats are so independent and their last great act of defiance can be to go off somewhere when they are feeling really ill and just either get better or not. Hope Granny will be fine.

Naomi
07-11-2004, 04:37 PM
They are really worried about her now, she's been gone for 4 days :(

Mags
07-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Awww poor 'granny cat' :cry:
I wonder if she has been hit by a car if she's limping. I hope she is trying to get her strength back and will make her way home soon :(

Naomi
07-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Me too cos she is such a lovely cat :(

Still no sign of her so they really think she's not coming back

Mags
07-11-2004, 07:30 PM
My last cat went missing for four days then he turned up with a broken pelvis! Somehow he managed to drag himself home, got through the cat flap, went upstairs and managed to get up on my son's bed. That's what I call devotion.

Fingers crossed that granny will come hole :(

Abbi
07-11-2004, 07:47 PM
That's really sad, sorry to hear that - that is one bonus about keeping mine in at least I know that are as safe as possible.

Naomi
08-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Good news!!!!

Granny cat is back safe and well. They don't know where she had been but she came back covered in grease and oil and a little bit thin. She had actually been gone for 6 days poor thing. Her limp has gone and the vet has checked her over, she's fine :D

dinahsmum
08-11-2004, 03:06 PM
That's great news! :)

She must have been shut in - a garage or workshed from the state of her. Lots of tlc and good food and she will be better.

It's no fun when they are greasy. Years and years ago, when my kids were little and money was tight, I finally bought them matching duvet sets. Second day on, my Roger - gorgeous all black cat - had an 'accident' somewhere oily. He was covered from tip of tail up through his shoulders, must have slipped backwards into something. Sadly I didn't see him until he had sampled both the chilren's beds, rugs, landing carpet etc etc!!!

Not only near-ruined bedcovers but a hefty vet bill for having Roger sedated and shampooed. No harm done eventually. I was worried he'd tried to clean himself and eaten oil, but frankly, there was just too much of it for him to even try.

Long story, long time ago but this reminded me.

So glad about Gran :)

Mags
08-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Great news Nae! Glad Granny's back home safe and sound. :)

I reckon she wanted a little break from her grand-kitties! :wink:

Abbi
08-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Wicked!!! I love a nice ending!

Moggy
09-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Glad to hear she's back home safe :-D

Azz
09-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Wicked!!! I love a nice ending!

Me too Abs!