PDA

View Full Version : Sharada Weavin Dreams and Elmcrest Candy Stripes

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Took some photos today and thought I might share them with you - I was experimenting with taking pics inside in daylight but without a flash. Usually this is not very successful but today I used "Daylight bulbs" in the lamps and the effect was very good....no flash was used.

Hope you like them....
First of all is the lilac point "Weaver" - Sharada Weavin Dreams - No the ribbons behind her belong to Possum - not her.......
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sharada01/Sharada_Weavn_Dreams_14.jpg

Secondly looking very soft and sweet as she is in real life is "Candy" - Elmcrest Candy Stripes. ...
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sharada01/Candy_gorgeous_14.jpg

.....and just for fun here is one where they are joined by "Peli" - Zaeshinwa Kokopeli Cream - the blue cream tortie..... They are wonderful temperamented kittens and I am enjoying them very much...
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sharada01/the_four_muskateers_on_platform.jpg

Azz
15-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Fantastic pix Heather I LOVE that one where all four are on the cat post... look at the *cheeky* one on the left! :-)

Also you have caputered the eyes extremely well in the first pic - r u sure u r not a professional!?! :wink:

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Ha ha ha - NO! - anything but a professional - hence my experiments. I would love to be able to afford all the great gear to do it professionally as I do have a lot of patience and can often get nice photos but it is all well out of my reach. I use a digital but i bought it too soon - you can now get them so they stop the movement of sportsmen and women - would be much better for cats.

Have you seen the work of Alan Robinson - he is a wonderful photographer. I will include a link to one of his sites.... http://www.one-offs.demon.co.uk/

You will need to scan around it a bit to find the pics as it covers all sorts of things - but I think his cat pics are the very best.

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-07-2004, 03:22 PM
I forgot to say the cheeky one of course is the Tortie and she does live up to her name of a "Naughty Tortie."

Last night she was missing in the Condo - the big shed where the kids live when they are not inside - I run shifts for everyone to have a turn inside - and where was she. In the rafters - 9 feet up. Naughty girl - was hard to get her down as well.lol.

Azz
15-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Naughty Tortie! lol good name :-)

I think u are well on ur way to becoming a great photographer!

Talking of which seen this?:

http://www.photocat.co.uk/galleries/formal/images/12.jpg

Taken by the team at www.photocat.co.uk they even offered to let Catpages use the photos in our breed section. Nice guys or what! And AMAZING pictures! check out their website :-)

Mags
15-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi Heather!

What beautiful pix of your girls, they have such wonderful faces! I wish they were mine!! :lol:

Like Azz, I too think they look like professional photos - you are very good!

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Azz whatever you are trying to show me I just get a box with a red cross...

Azz
15-07-2004, 11:02 PM
erm, dunno why - it should b a pic of a cat :-(
maybe if u hit [refresh] ?

Heather Sharada Birmans
16-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Azz,
I have refreshed and still the dreaded red cross however I went to the site and linked it to my other chat sites cat-world and show cats so that Ozzies and the UK Raggie breeders can take a look.....some very nice photographs there - I have also e-mailed them and told them what I did.

Do you ever visit other chat sites - I have several that I frequent now and they are very interesting - get different outlooks on cats and people world wide.

Azz
16-07-2004, 12:47 AM
the other chat site i visit is...

www.dogweb.co.uk :-)

Can everyone else see the pic btw?

Heather Sharada Birmans
16-07-2004, 01:42 AM
I went to have a look at the dog line but as I don't have a dog it was not so interesting for me - I used to breed Collie Dogs - had several imported from the UK and was the Top Breeder in Victoria for 7 years in a row at one stage - brag brag brag.lol. At one stage I had an Eng. Champion Blue merle Shetland sheepdog and bred those for a while but too stiff these days to have a dog. I recently tried to have a Sheltie but they are too quick for me.

I think you should at least visit http://www.cat-world.com.au and join the forums - you could copy and bring back stuff from there from time to time and also there are some excellent articles that are linked to the Home page which you could copy the links when people want help - I think cross pollunating sites is very good - the other one that I visit regularly in the UK is http://www.showcat.net/forums/index.php?s=& and if you popped in there now and then you might increase the number of people who would follow you here.

Must away and do a bit of work.

Azz
16-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks Heather for the advice :smt058
I think u will make a great ambassador for Catpages :-)

I am always pressed for time, even now at 2.03 am I am looking for improvements that can be made to the forums! :shock: I just want to get them right before we start taking on the world :-) Also I find that once other forums find you are from another site they quickly do their best to ban you! :(

What we also need is loads of links to catpages which will give us better rankings in the search engines :-)

Thats great news re you holding the top spot for seven years!! Blue Merle BCs are fab, Rockys best friend is a Blue Merle! (Rocky is our dog). they are so full of energy and life and friendliness :-)

Why did you give up breeding?

Heather Sharada Birmans
16-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Ha ha ha - I don't think Julia would ban you from Cat World and the discussion group are nice as well......

I stopped with the dogs because I had a pretty bad stress break down - could not use my right side properly and did not work for 6 years.....never went back to work actually - only part time.

My reason for having the dogs was wrong - one of the many things I was doing trying to "prove" I was worthwhile - you can never do that with anything.....so I became a workaholic. Had to collapse to realise who I really was.

Now I am repairing the damage of forcing myself all those years and have a delightful animal I can't force.....CATS....the great leveller.lol.

Azz
16-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I think sometimes things happen to us that make us who we are - if those things didn't happen to you you would be a different person chatting to us on Catpages today! - for the record I like you just how you are, and if anything good came out of the bad that past, it's you :-)

Heather Sharada Birmans
16-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Azz that is very sweet of you. I actually like who I really am now as well.lol. I think everybody has a wake up call now and then and actually everything in the past was the "Best" - with hindsight that is. sometimes it is a bit difficult to see the good in the rather negative seeming scenes.

Do you believe in Karma? It means action. There are three types of action - good, bad and neutral. Now I am wiser - so to speak - I can see clearly that whatever came to me was for me to understand neutral - or pure action.

Now I am getting quite philosophical.lol.

Azz
16-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Now I am getting quite philosophical.lol.

I think it's fasinating. I don't yet know whether I believe in 'Karma' or not as I haven't really looked into it in great detail, in terms of good, bad and neutrel tho, that kindof makes good sense.

I met someone once who said I had a 'clean' aura! Not quite sure what was meant by that! Clean as in boring or clean as in.. boring? lol Is the 'aura' something u believe in too?

Heather Sharada Birmans
16-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Everything has an aura - it is just the electrical emittance of energy that is given off by something that is living or made of matter - even a table has an aura. I would be flattered if someone told me that I had a clean aura - it means a lot of lovely virtues - like simplicity, purity, sweetness etc. - no nasties blocking your energy.

Karma just means action - you get back what you put out - simply if you live a bad life - drink, smoke, carry on wildly your health will suffer as a result - that bad health is result of bac actions....personally. If at the same time you are malicious in your old age you will probably get some of that back as well because you wont have many people that want to be near you. lol.

Azz
16-07-2004, 01:59 PM
If at the same time you are malicious in your old age you will probably get some of that back as well because you wont have many people that want to be near you. lol.

lol wonder if I know anyone like that?! lol

I think it would be nice if Karma worked to a T, i.e. all the nasty people (like politicans) get what they deserve!

Seriously tho I think it's all fab and I'm flattered that someone said I had a clean Aura! :smt040 (lol I'm definately 'simple' btw! :smt017 )

Do you eat just natural foods and stuff too?

Heather Sharada Birmans
16-07-2004, 02:44 PM
I am a pure vegetarian - don't eat meat, fish, fowls or the smelly vegetables - onions and garlic - lol. Eat lots of yummy veg food though and do eat dairy things.

Here is a link to the organisation that I belong too - have done for the past 25 years and it has given me a meaning for my activities http://www.brahmakumaris.org.uk/ - there is probably a centre near you somewhere - go and check them out.

They are non sectarian and not out to convert you or anything - just put you back in touch with your real self....nice way to strike values in your life.

Now I must away to bed - it is 11.45 pm and I am going to have a bit of a disturbed night as Mickey is starting to call - that makes 4 of them now....and it is still winter here.

Good night. :smt039

Azz
16-07-2004, 05:30 PM
G'nite Heather
x
x

Thanks for the link I shall check it out in a mo.
Know how you feel re calling.. Cheetahs at it again! But we can't mate her till the house is done :-(

Mags
16-07-2004, 06:53 PM
What a very nice interesting person you are, Heather! I really enjoyed following your chat with Azz today, I think you two have a lot in common and he is a really nice person too. What did you do when you used to go to work?

Azz, I got the box with the red cross too! :?

Azz
16-07-2004, 06:59 PM
You are a very nice person too Mags!

Azz, I got the box with the red cross too! :?

I guess their website doesn't allow 'hotlinking' so we'll simply have to go to www.photocat.co.uk to see their pix :-)

Bastet
16-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Lovely pics. :D :D

Azz
16-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi Kate :smt039

Jeanette
02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Wow great pics. Lovely cats.