PDA

View Full Version : How are your cats today?

Azz
13-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Just wondered!

Cheetah is fine, shes still calling but we have to wait till the house is done. She's become alot more of a 'peoples' cat as she loves her hugs these days :-)

Hows yours?

Abbi
13-07-2004, 09:46 PM
A&A are great they got another new toy a crab on a fishing line - Archie loves it. They have just been chasing each other around the house and completley freaked each other out!

Daisy is as mad as ever, but I still love her dearly.

Abs

Mags
14-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Cassie is fine too! In fact since we collected her from the cattery just over a week ago, her coat is looking the best I've seen it for a long time. She was smoothed with a rubber glove every day and finally seems to have got rid of all her loose hair! I have also bought her a new toy (how we love our cats!! :smt049 ). It's a Whiskas Snacky Mouse.....a wobbling treat dispensing mouse. I thought she was getting a bit lazy so now she has fun trying to get the treats out! You can also attach a string to it and play with her. I've been looking at the Whiskas Crackly Tunnel too so that may be her next pressie!!

Mags

Azz
14-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Great to hear all the kitties are doing well! And yes we do spoil them! Cheetahs last present was a little mouse that 'digitally' squeaks on movement, she had one before but she played with it so much she killed it! I'm sure Cheetah would love your cats toys and vice versa!

I'd like to get her that one which uses 'random' movements and is meant to occupy them for hours! u guys seen it?

Mags
14-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi Azz!

I haven't heard of that 'random' movement toy......how does it work? :smt017

Azz
14-07-2004, 10:03 PM
theres pix of it on the web, i'll try to find some...

Azz
14-07-2004, 10:33 PM
http://www.panicmouse.com/English.jpg

http://www.panicmouse.com/English1.html for more info...

smudgley
15-07-2004, 08:52 AM
My cats are fine Azz -
My youngest is now bringing us daily presents :(
I like chocolates / flowers / things like that if I'm having a present - not a dead mouse or bird. :cry:

Whilst on the subject - anyone got any ideas of how to try & stop this behaviour? Would a bell on her collar help?

Azz
15-07-2004, 02:49 PM
anyone got any ideas of how to try & stop this behaviour? Would a bell on her collar help?

Definately as it will give the 'prey' a warning that somethind is near... But it won't stop it completely. Give it a try and see how much of a difference it makes :wink:

Mags
15-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Hi Smudgley!

I don't find bells on collars much of a deterrent! Cassie has always worn a collar with the loudest bell I could find and unfortunatey she still manages to catch birds and mice. When she stalks something she crawls so slow and low on her belly that the bell doesn't make a sound!!

I would also like to hear of other ideas, please.

Mags
15-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi Azz!

I like the look of that 'random' movement mouse toy, I'd love to get Cassie one.....bet Cheetah would like it too! :)

Azz
15-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Im stuck for ideas as I thought the bell was the best?
How about keeping them indoors ;-) ??

Yeah the toy looks cool, maybe they will give us a discount for two!? ;-)

smudgley
17-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Keeping them indoors Azz ~ :(

I've put a bell on the Smudge's collar this morning as the 2 baby birds on the patio that were obviously stolen from a nest was the last straw!!!! - :cry: :cry: when I went outside she grabbed one & ran off with it tossing it around showing off & so proud of herself! :evil:

I think the bell will help. I'll let you know.

Azz
17-07-2004, 05:57 PM
yeah I think the bell is worth a try :-) even if it works for a short while (Im sure the cats will figure it out just like Cassie has!).