PDA

View Full Version : Pictures at last!!!

Abbi
10-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Pictures of my babies at last!!

http://abbi_cooper.tripod.com/cats

Click on link to see the little beauties!

Enjoy.

Azz
14-02-2004, 02:50 AM
Hi Abbi !

They look fab! I've posted my fave pic in the 'your pictures' section...

Azz
14-02-2004, 02:52 AM
also, your website skills are good as well! (bit of a dark horse eh!?) lol

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-03-2004, 03:05 AM
What lovely furries - you must be so proud of them.

Here is a picture of my two current favourites - my Birman kittens Satin - the blue point and Possum - the seal point. They are depicted with rosettes they won at the Victorian GCCF Kitten Show ...and yes I know I am bragging ...but I am very proud of them as I bred them myself.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/webs/sharada/photos/photohost/PosumandSatinrosettesKittenshow15.02.04nice.JPG

Hope you like them too.

Azz
15-03-2004, 03:30 AM
they are both stunning! (I bet Abbi will like them!) I've seen them at cat shows and they are unbelievably affectionate!

How old are they Heather?

Also please (pretty please!) start a thread for all your babies in the 'your pictures' section as we'd love to see more pix!!

how long have you been breeding? We've just had out first litter (you can see them in the 'for sale' section) and we found it quite tough letting them go!

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi,
I'm glad that you like them - I am pretty pleased with them - their temperament is to die for and this particular mating is the best I have been able to achieve so far. I am in my fifth year of breeding - why not follow the link to my site and you can meet everybody there as well.

I will start a thread on the other forum and introduce you gradually to all my fur kids - will take time.lol.

I have some individuals that it is hard to let go but I have got my head space sorted now as I know they will have a better life as a loved pet in a furrever home.........but having said that I have had several that I am loathe to part with....including a little runt girl who was only 65 grams at birth. I call her Sharada Tenacity Tuppence - such a determined little cat person but she is still at 8 weeks only the size of a 5 week old kitten. I took a deposit on her yesterday but don't have to face her going until she is over 14 weeks old.

Azz
15-03-2004, 05:49 PM
It's nice to see a breeder who is really into her cats!

I had a look on your website - it's full of brill info and here's my fave pic...

http://www.cat-world.com.au/webs/sharada/img/lilac1.jpg

He/she looks like a little teddy bear! (I bet Mags will like this one!!)

I love the names you think of as well "Tenacity Tuppence" We are calling our kittens Booboo and Blue lol!

Mags
15-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi Azz!
Isn't that little kitten a darling! I would be no good as a cat breeder as I don't think I could bear to part with any of the kittens as I'd love them too much!
Hi Heather,
You've got some really beautiful cats. I'd be interested to know how long it takes to groom them all.

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the web sites and my cats. That lilac kitten - I can't remember it's sex - think it was a boy - is typical of a Birman kitten at that age - they are so sweet.

Birmans are renowned for their easy care coats so actually the grooming takes no time at all most of the year. Birmans have a silky coat which is not double - hence the matting of under coat with top coat rarely happens - maybe a little behind an elbow or ear if the at is particularly heavy coated. I flick a brush over mine most days but not for the sake of grooming but more as a social exchange...they are pushing each other out of the way saying "Me! Me!" - I would spend about 10 minutes on a room with 4 cats in it....in between scooping litters and checking water etc.

When they are moulting you get tufts of silk and long top hair everywhere so I bath and groom vigorously to reduce the shedding time.

I will post a few more pics if you are enjoying them. Today I am going to the airport to meet a little girl flying in from Adelaide. She is a new colour for me - a lilac tabbypoint.....loking forward to meeting her.

Azz
16-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Hey Mags I reckon you'd make a good breeder because you would care so much about them, just like Heather does.

Can't wait to see your lilac tabby point Heather, don't forget to post some pix for us :D