PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Boy!

Abbi
28-01-2004, 08:26 PM
I am e-mailing for a friend - she has had her year old cat castrated this week and after getting him home he went upstaris curled up went to sleep feeling sorry for himself.

He woke a few hours later and when he woke she could not believe it - he went to find the female cat in the house and tried to mate her!

Can anybody tell me if this is normal behaviour and will the desire to mate the female cat go away after things have settled down?

Abbi :lol:

Tama
30-01-2004, 02:09 AM
hi Abbi

Was it a 'chemical castration' :?:

I'd probably wait two days and if he is still trying to mount the female then I'd contact the vets :!:

:wink:

Abbi
30-01-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't know he was put out and has tiny in cut in his testicles.

Heather Sharada Birmans
15-03-2004, 10:02 AM
:D I have to laugh - my friend who has a girl I bred - had a boy that was just over 10 months desexed and 4 days later she let the girl I bred in with him to try and shut up her calling. Well he did that - she is now 6 weeks pregnant - must have had some semen in the pipeline.

Apparently they can still deliver the goods up to 2 weeks after they have been desexed and my experience seems to indicate that hormonal activity can take several weeks if not months to subside - my ex stud stopped spraying within about 3 weeks - except on the perifery of his garden - and probably took 2 months before he was not that interested in the girls but then he was desexed at the beginning of the breeding season and had already mated 5 girls - the last one just a few days before he was ddesexed.