PDA

View Full Version : Dickens.

dinky
04-07-2022, 02:29 AM
Just to let everyone know that my cat, Dickens ,is very unwell. He came in from the back conservatory at 8.30am this morning and suddenly his back legs collapsed and he began crying in terrible pain. I rushed him to the vet and he has a blood clot on his spine which is causing paralysis. The first vet I saw told me it was kinder to put him to sleep ,but i waited for Michele, my own vet, to come on at 9.30am. She confirmed the diagnosis but said that around 70% of clots dissolve and said to give him 24 hours. He is at the vet's now, heavily sedated and on oxygen, as he has fluid around his heart again. I am totally devastated, as he was doing so well. Please keep my Dickens in your thoughts and prayers today. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

dinky
04-07-2022, 03:34 AM
I just heard from Michele. Dickens' breathing has improved, still cannot stand on back legs but is flicking his tail now. She says I can pick him up tonight and take him home or to Afterhours for the night, and bring him back at 9am tomorrow to the hospital, where they can monitor him all day again. She will give me strong pain meds for him for tonight if he gets distressed at all. I'm going to bring him home as he hates Afterhours Vet Clinic. I just pray that he will come right and this clot will dissolve.

pamela81
05-07-2022, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry I missed this Dinky x thinking of yiu