PDA

View Full Version : Horners syndrome

pamela81
28-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

Had to take Skye to the vet this morning as i noticed last night that she had a film over the corner of her right eye. Got up this morning and it was the same so decided to take her to get it checked as i dont like taking risks with their eyes!!

Vet had a good look at her and the fim is actually her 3rd eyelid protecting her eye. He checked for any damage on the surface of her eye but there is none. After looking her over, he has advised that she has Horners Syndrome which can have many causes including having an abcess in her teeth (her teeth arent great even though she has biscuits) but it can also be neurological. He has given us antibiotics for 10 days (going to be interesting trying to give them to her!!) and a follow up in about 10 days to see if it has cleared. If not, then she will need a CAT scan to ee if there is anything else going on causing it. HE has said that the cases of it he has seen have been nothing too serious and have cleared after a course of antibiotics. Still a worry though as it could be another cause for it with her.

Please keep her in your thoughts and i will update how she is getting on

Shelley123
28-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Hope the antibiotics do the trick for Skye x

Mags
28-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Hoping the ABs will clear the problem for Skye, Pamela...

Kazz
28-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Hope all works out never heard of it myself but everyday you learn something new.

dinky
28-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Pamela, I'm sorry poor wee Skye is unwell. I am praying for her and hoping the antibiotics do the trick and her eye clears quickly.Good luck getting her to take the antibiotics.

pamela81
29-12-2019, 12:33 AM
thanks folks. Hoping the tablets kick in. She took the first one without any trouble as i squashed it into a bit of chicken which she happily ate and even crunched the tablet!!

dinky
30-12-2019, 12:08 AM
Hi Pamela, hope Skye is improving with the antibiotics and she's continuing to take them easily without too much stress for either of you.I'm thinking of your wee girl.

Shelley123
02-01-2020, 10:26 PM
Hope Skye is doing ok x