PDA

View Full Version : Update

pamela81
02-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Morning everyone. We got Harris home on Friday. Still pretty poorly and hot tablets to take which he won't willingly take so we are having a daily battle to get them in him! His skin is goug back to normal colour gradually. He is no where near as yellow as he was on Friday which is a good sign. Still struggling to get him to eat but feeding lots of chicken as he won't touch proper fish! (Strange wee cookie!!) Back at vet tomorrow for a check up and possibly more bloods depending on what they think when they see him.

He is still fairly quiet just now and sleeping a lot. We are having to put him in our spare room at night so that skye doesn't steal his food not that he is eating much but we have to give him the chance to come and go at it if he wants.

dinky
02-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Pamela, I've been praying for poor Harris and wondering how he was getting on. I hope the vet visit goes well for him tomorrow.You are looking after him so well.Hopefully he will start to eat a bit more soon, especially if the food is there for him all the time. Sending many healing thoughts and prayers to Harris and you.

Mags
02-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Fingers crossed Harris will improve very soon, Pamela...

Just a thought, when Cassie was hospitalised they were tempting her to eat with sardines .... have you tried that?

pamela81
02-05-2016, 02:57 PM
we have tried tuna and salmon and he isnt touching it however there has been a huge improvement in his apetite today!! Steven gave him applaws 100% natural chicken and cheese and he ate about 2 3rds of it. he was asking me for sliced chicken when i was making a sandwich, he has just gone back for the rest of his breakfast and added quite a bit of the chicken from my savoured it all!! Best i have seen him eat since he came home!

Fingers crossed it is the start of improving. He is definitely a bit chirpier today too

Mags
02-05-2016, 11:11 PM
we have tried tuna and salmon and he isnt touching it however there has been a huge improvement in his apetite today!! Steven gave him applaws 100% natural chicken and cheese and he ate about 2 3rds of it. he was asking me for sliced chicken when i was making a sandwich, he has just gone back for the rest of his breakfast and added quite a bit of the chicken from my savoured it all!! Best i have seen him eat since he came home!

Fingers crossed it is the start of improving. He is definitely a bit chirpier today too
Good news Pamela... :)

dinky
03-05-2016, 10:03 AM
What fantastic news Pamela. At least Harris is heading in the right direction now. Give him whatever he will eat.. I'm continuing to pray for him and you.

keep up the good work Harris. !

Kim
03-05-2016, 10:36 PM
So pleased Harris seems happier and chirpier. Good news indeed. :)

pamela81
04-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Thanks again everyone. We have a vet visit tonight for a check up. Hopefully they will see a difference. We certainly do. If they don't then it will be more bloods.

Just back froom vet, they are pleased with how well he is doing. We asked them to give him his tablets tonight as we always struggle with them as we have a huge capsule we have to give him. They are pleased that he has started grooming again and is getting more active but we still have a long way ahead of us. More bloods next Thursday as he is still yellow, not as much but the vet doesnt think there will be much difference in the tet results so will wait until next week. Gave him another steriod injection which should perk his appetite.

dinky
04-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Great news about Harris ,Pamela.It's no fun trying to give pills to cats, I know. The steroid injection will hopefully encourage him to eat and every day he will improve just a bit more. I'm keeping your precious boy in my prayers every night.

pamela81
12-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Harris back at vet today, he is still a bit yellow but his blood count an dliver enzyme count are coming down which is good. More bloods in 2 weeks and back next week for another weigh in as he had lost a wee bit since last week. He also got another steriod injection today too.

dinky
12-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the update Pamela.I'm so pleased that Harris seems to be improving. Poor boy, he's been through a lot. I'm keeping him in my prayers, Pamela.

pamela81
30-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Thank you everyone for your prayers and best wishes x They have certainly helped Harris & (and me) get through this. The vet still cant get a diagnosis though!! They no think it may be a blood disease as there is 1 which causes the symptoms he has. He is on the mend though thankfully. We will find out on thursday if it is a blood disease and hat the treatment is going to be long term.

I have posted a photo i took this morning to let you all see how well he is doing :)

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa354/pamelamcfarlane/harris.jpg (http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/pamelamcfarlane/media/harris.jpg.html)

dinky
30-05-2016, 10:36 AM
I've been thinking about Harris a lot Pamela and wondering how he was doing.Thank goodness that he is continuing to improve.Poor boy looks to have lost quite a bit of weight though, but I'm sure that he'll pick up again. Gosh, it's a real worry when they're sick, isn't it? I do so hope that you can get a definite diagnosis soon and then at least you can move forward from there. I'm continuing to pray for young Harris every night. Tell him from me that he is a beautiful boy and much too handsome to be sick.

pamela81
30-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Thanks dinky. Thinking of your furbabies too. He is 2.9kg just now which is a huge improvement. I will pass on your wishes to him x

dinky
31-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Pamela, I'll be thinking of you both on Thursday. I do hope you can find out something definite then and can work out a treatment plan. I did have to smile when you said that Harris is now 2.9 kg which is an improvement How low has his weight gone? My boys, Frederick and Dickens, weighed in at the vets at 6.8kg and 6.7kg respectively despite not having eaten for 2 days and they are not overweight, according to the vet. They are just big, heavy cats. I am praying that Harris will start to put on a wee bit of weight now and continue to improve. Please let us know what the vet says on Thursday Pamela.Thinking of your beautiful boy.(and you, of course).

pamela81
01-06-2016, 07:32 AM
His weight has gone down to 2.6kg at the start of it. The vet called OH yesterday and said that there was a delay in getting the bloods to the lab and they now have to remember do them on Friday. I'mnot happy about it tbh as it is stressful for him getting them done as it is. Will certainly not be paying for them to get done this time as she admitted it was their error. OH is taking him and picking him up which is just as well as I would be liable to say something to them!!

dinky
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Gosh Pamela, as if you haven't got enough to cope with. Now you have to wait until Friday. I agree you shouldn't have to pay this time. Poor Harris.Still, hopefully you'll know something definite on Friday or early next week anyway. I can't quite imagine Harris dropping in weight to 2.6kg. Thank goodness that his weight has gone up a bit. At least that's a positive step. I do know the stress you are going through Pamela. By the time I prepare tablets and medicate all 5 cats and hand feed Snodgrass, I'm exhausted. Harris has been unwell much longer than my guys, so you must be feeling very stressed. Roll on Friday and hopefully you'll have something positive to tell us. Continuing to pray for your beautiful boy, Pamela. All the very best for Harris on Friday.

pamela81
01-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Thanks dinky. We won't gervresults on Friday as they have to send the bloods away again so will be next Friday before we know anything.

He has never been a big cat but I want to try get him upto atleast 3kg or more!

I can't imagine what it's like trying to get meds organise for so many and also hand feeding!! Hope they are feeling better soon xx hugs to them all x

dinky
03-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Pamela, hope the Friday vet visit wasn't too stressful for Harris and that he is a little improved. I keep forgetting about the time difference - it is Saturday morning here, but I guess Harris may not have had his vet visit yet. Anyway, I'm thinking of your boy and hoping it goes well for him.

pamela81
10-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Back to the vet tonight for blood test results only to find out they werent able to be done again as his blood clotted again! They have decided not to try do them again unless his normal bloods in 2 weeks time show something thats not right. Now reduced to every 2 weeks for visits instead of every week!! yayy!!

His weight has also gone up to 2.92kg so he has gained 500grams since last week which is great!! We are aiming for him to get a personal best of over 3kg by the 22nd which is his next bloods visit to check his blood count and liver enzymes!!

I also asked about milk thistle which is a supplement for the liver and it turns out the tablets that he may be on for life have been updated and now contain it!! Means i dont have to get a seperate supplement for him :)

dinky
10-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Pamela, I'm so relieved to hear that Harris is improving. What a long ordeal it has been for both of you, but hopefully the end may now be in sight. Gaining weight is always a great sign. I've heard of milk thistle used for budgies with liver problems and it evidently does wonders so it can only be good for Harris too. I hope that it is easy to give pills to Harris ,especially if he is to be on them long term. Still, that's a small price to pay for his good health. Thanks for letting us know about your beautiful boy. I remember him in my prayers every night

Way to go Harris. !!!!!

dinky
17-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Hi Pamela, just wondering how Harris is doing. Is he continuing to improve? I do hope so. I say a wee prayer for your boy every night. Do let us know how he is when you get a chance.

pamela81
20-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Good monring Dinky. Thank you fr asking and also your prayer x

He is still improving, we are keeping him in a bedroom at night to give him a chance to eat his dinner without Skye getting it and it als means e is getting his meds. He is finishing his dinner every night an is efinitely putting on more weight. Back at vet on wednesday for more bloods so wil see how he goes x

pamela81
22-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Hi Dinky.

Harris had his bloods done again today to check his enzyme levels and they are all except 1 back to normal. His weight is up to 3.1kg which is brilliant!! No more bloods now, just a check up in 2weeks and that should be him :)

dinky
23-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Pamela, I'm so pleased for you and Harris. I was hoping that you'd update after his vet visit. AND he is gaining weight which is fantastic news. What a load off your mind. Harris now has a bright future to look forward to. You couldn't have wished for a better outcome for your beautiful boy.Thanks for letting me know.

pamela81
11-07-2016, 07:30 PM
a wee final update for Harris! ]]He has been signed off from the vets! he has also gained another little bit of weight and vet is really happy with him!! He is going to be on a liver suppliment for life but i have no issues with that. SOo happy!!

All the healing thoughts form our dear catsey friends has definitely helped himfight to get to where he is now!

Thank you soo much to everyone who has kept him in their thoughts and prayers xx

dinky
11-07-2016, 10:21 PM
How marvellous for both you and Harris, Pamela. I've been praying for your boy every night and now things have finally come right for him.What a load off your mind. You can now relax and enjoy Harris and he can finally have the healthy life he deserves. Thanks for letting us know.

Mags
11-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Great news Pamela, I'm glad Harris is feeling so much better.... :)

Phoenix
27-07-2016, 09:03 PM
So pleased to hear this about Harris :D