PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Vets

Velvet
03-09-2015, 04:30 AM
At the weekend we had a very poorly Henri. He was being very sick & poorly. Sunday we had an emergency dash to the vets. Poor wee man had a blockage of his urether. Vet said it was very serious:(. He had to have his bladder flushed out. He had a catheter in for 48 hrs & on a drip to get fluids in. Be was in hospital until today. Full bloodwork done & urine sent off to the Labs

Has anyone elses wee cat even had such a blockage?

pamela81
03-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Aww Velvet, healing thoughts for Henri xx

The vet thought Harris might of had a blockage when he was really poorly but thankfully he is back to normal. I do hope he is on the mend soon xx

dinky
04-09-2015, 11:17 PM
Velvet, so sorry to hear about poor Henri. No, none of my cats have ever had any problems like that, but I can imagine it must have been very painful for the poor boy. I do hope he is on the mend now.

Velvet
05-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Wee pet got home Wednesday & seemed ok but quiet on it. He then deteriorated so much so hes back in the vets hospitalised :(

Kirsten
06-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Not quite like that. I took Pete to get his nails clipped one day, and although he seemed fine at the time and afterwards, the next day (a Sunday) he stopped peeing. I took him to the vet on Monday and they sedated him and catheterised him. There was some blood in his urine but no infection, so they thought it was a stress reaction to the nail clipping. When I went to collect him, his pupils were huge from the painkillers - he looked like Puss in Boots from Shrek - and he was a bit dopey for the rest of the day. I've added extra water to his wet food since then to keep him flushed out, and he's been fine.

Velvet
08-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Henri has been given 48 hours to improve then a decision needs made. I am beyond distraught

Mags
08-09-2015, 03:14 PM
So sorry to hear that Velvet :( I do hope there will be a sign of improvement for him...

pamela81
08-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Aww velvet. I do hope he starts picking up. Thoughts are with you and healing hugs for Henri xx

dinky
08-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Velvet, my thoughts are with you and Henri at this time.I pray that your boy will show signs of improvement. Love to you both.

pamela81
12-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Been thinking of you and wee Henri.

How is he doing now? x

dinky
13-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Velvet, I ,too, have been thinking of you and Henri, and praying that all is well with you both. I do so hope that there has been some improvement.