PDA

View Full Version : Harris not well again

pamela81
20-07-2015, 06:54 PM
My poor Harris isnt well again :(

Hes not eating. Tried chicken, lamb, cat milk and even changing his usual food to no avail. He usually likes black pudding but wasnt interested in it.

Off to the vet tomorrow. :(

angieh
21-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh poor boy - sending healing vibes and hope the vet can give him something to make him feel well enough to eat something. I'm rooting for you, Harris.

pamela81
21-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Vet has kept hiim in tonight as he is slightly jaundice and has knobbly bits in his belly which she thinks might just be poo because of where it is when she felt him. They are putting him on a drip tonight and then taking xrays tomorrow of his tummy juts to make sure. It looks like its the same thing as last time but caught it alot earlier and his weight is still good unlike before.

Thanks for the healing vibes x i will give him them tomorrow when we get him back

angieh
21-07-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm sending more healing vibes to him to comfort him overnight at the vet .... and fingers crossed too.

Mags
21-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Sending healing vibes to Harris, Pamela .... hoping he'll be well again very soon.

pamela81
22-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Vet called to advise they are keeping him until tomorrow to continue monitoring him and putting fluids into him. They have also said that his liver is inflamed and they are looking at a possible ultrasound next week on his liver to see what's happening.

My poor wee man just isn't very well at all ��

angieh
22-07-2015, 01:27 PM
So sorry Pamela .... I'm continuing sending loads of healing vibes to Harris and to you too.

dinky
22-07-2015, 09:00 PM
So sorry to hear that Harris is unwell again, Pamela.. Sending him and you my best wishes and praying that he will soon feel better.

pamela81
23-07-2015, 07:58 AM
thanks everyone. Im hoping he is coming home today as the vet said last night he is responding as well as they could have hoped for to the medication.

Will update when i hear from the vet. Im goign to phone them when they open

pamela81
24-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Got harris home last night but still a very poorly boy. I was up at 1 am trying to feed him as he was meowing in a way I have never heard. Couldn't get him to eat and he tried and failed to use his tray.

He is in my middle room today with lots of food, water and a new bed along with his scratch post to stop her ladyship eating his food and we can see what he has done in his tray.

Back to vet tonight for their take on how he is. I really believe they will keep him again tonight

angieh
24-07-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news Pamela. Still sending loads of healing vibes for Harris, poor lad.

dinky
25-07-2015, 12:42 AM
I've been thinking of poor Harris and I'm sorry to hear that he is still poorly.Praying that you hear some good news at the vets, Pamela, and that he starts to feel better quickly.

Velvet
25-07-2015, 05:34 AM
Any news on Harris?

pamela81
25-07-2015, 06:33 AM
Sorry for the delay in updating.

The vets are still concerned about him as he hadn't really eaten or used the tray. They didn't keep him in last night. He got home. He has also used the tray which is great. We are also feeding him baby food of all things and he is eating it so lots of good steps forward! just hope he keeps it up x he has also had a little bit of breakfast this morning. Little and often is what we are going for just now with plenty of tlc and medication.

Velvet
26-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Glad to hear hes home & holding his own x

dinky
26-07-2015, 06:17 AM
So glad he's back home with you Pamela and is eating a wee bit. That's encouraging news. I'm keeping your beautiful boy in my prayers.

pamela81
26-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone. The kind thoughts are keeping me going . He has used the tray again today. I am constantly checking them so I know what he has done. His apetite seems a bit better today too so please keep fingers crossed for him xx

angieh
26-07-2015, 11:27 AM
I am continuing to send healing comforting vibes for Harris. (((HUGS))) for you too, I know how it feels when your cat is unwell.

pamela81
27-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone.

Harris is going to the vet for his scan tomorrow. Had mixed messages from teh vet today as the nurse who brought Harris out advised he wasnt on the scan list. Only found out he was after i phoned the vet to find out exactly what was going on!! Wasnt happy at all. The nurses wouldnt give him his tablet we asked for help with as they said they had to give it with food which is ironic as he is in there because ohes not eating!! Spoke to vet tonight when she phoned me back and explained all this that i wasnt happy so she has put my mind at ease again! Heres hoping the scan shows exactly what is going on and we can get him on the mend again!

angieh
27-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Oh dear - when you need all the staff to know what's going on with Harris, that is not exactly confidence building is it? Fingers crossed the scan tomorrow will show the way forward. Loads more healing vibes being sent. I will ask Kizzy to speak to The Great Cat for Harris.

dinky
28-07-2015, 08:07 AM
All the very best for the scan tomorrow Pamela.Let's hope that it all goes well and Harris will be feeling much better soon after the proper treatment. I'll be thinking of you and your beautiful boy tomorrow and waiting to hear how he is..

pamela81
28-07-2015, 01:00 PM
The confusion continued at the vet this morning as the nurses still insisted he wasn't on the ultrasound list!! They have taken though as OH insisted and pointed out the appointment for tonight to get the results. Will update later when we have themm

pamela81
28-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Ultrasound has come back clear of any cancers and tumours which we learned tonight they thought was a real contender for what is wrong with him. Thankfully that is not the case.

They still arent sure what is wrong with him though so need to wait until the blood results come back hopefully tomorrow and see what they show.

ON th eplus side, he has perked up and ate some burger and chicken tonight when he came in. Th epoor wee soul has a shaved bit under his chin, leg and now one of his sides

angieh
28-07-2015, 10:23 PM
It's very good that those conditions are ruled out .... poor wee Harris, hopefully the bloods will show something that will respond to treatment. Still sending healing vibes aplenty and ((((HUGS)))) for all the worries his illness is causing.

dinky
29-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Thank goodness there are no tumours to be found Pamela. i really hope that the blood tests reveal something that can be fixed easily. It's great that he is eating a bit again. He will be in my prayers tonight as always. What a worrying time you are having with your poor boy. I hope that the end will soon be in sight for both of you and Harris is once more back to his normal self. Hugs to you both.

Shelley123
31-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Hello Pamela,
sorry just catching up on here. I do hope the vets find what is wrong with Harris soon, poor boy x

pamela81
31-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Still no closer to finding out but the vet has seen an improvement tonight. Been given a long lasting antibiotic jag and a 5 day steroid jag. Back on Wednesday so hopefully there will be another improvement.
Thank you for your well wishes x

pamela81
31-07-2015, 08:26 PM
update tonight, vet sees an improvement in harris which is great. He has put on a little bit of weight but he is still jaundice slightly. His coat is looking better and she has assured us he is not in pain or suffering and that he is getting better slowly but surely.

He has had a long lasting antibiotic injection as we are struggling to get him to take his meds. He also got a steriod injection which i hope boosts his appetite.

Back on wednesday next week again and hopefully he has improved even more :)

He asked me to say thank you to you all for your constant healing vibes and thoughts

He must have omproved a bit as i gave him some chicken tonight and he growled and hissed at skye then chased her which he has not done in weeks!!

Shelley123
31-07-2015, 10:02 PM
good to hear Pamela. Hope he continues to improve

dinky
31-07-2015, 10:20 PM
That's the best news ever Pamela. I'm praying for Harris that his rcovery will be quick and he'll be back to normal in no time. It sounds as if he's heading in the right direction. Keep it up Harris.

angieh
31-07-2015, 10:31 PM
((((HUGS)))) for you both. Keep up the good work, Harris. We are all still rooting for you and sending strong healing vibes.

pamela81
02-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Harris seems to be doing a lot better. He has been eating 2 meals a day of 50 pouches mixed with baby food and biscuits. Still having to feed him when we go out and put him into the middle room to stop skye eating it and let him come and go with it.he is feeling so much better when you pet him. Can't feel his spine or hip bones at the back and he has started both grooming skye also going for her! Nice to see a bit or normality returning! !

angieh
02-08-2015, 11:02 AM
I am so pleased to hear this Pamela ..... well done Harris!

dinky
02-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Great news Pamela. You must feel so relieved. I'm sure that Harris will soon be back to normal.

pamela81
02-08-2015, 12:11 PM
It is soo good to see. He has been using the tray as well so definitely improving x

pamela81
04-08-2015, 12:14 PM
I have got an extremely hungry boy now!! Had 2 dishes of food this morning with medication discreetly hidden in it!! He is constantly looking for food just now which is great. Back to vet tomorrow to see what they say but the should see a huge improvement hopefully! !

Shelley123
04-08-2015, 04:10 PM
great news Pamela, hope the visit goes well tomorrow

dinky
04-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Keeping everything crossed for that vet visit Pamela. What a relief that he is now doing well. I'm so pleased for both of you.

angieh
04-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Yes, best of luck with the vet visit. It's great to hear that Harris is eating well. Keep it up young man!

pamela81
05-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Harris asked me to pass on a message as he got the all clear from the vet tonight!! She was really pleased with how he has been doing and teh fact he has been eating and using his tray like he should!! So relieved that there is no more vet visits until the end of August!!

I know that the kind healing thoughts definitely helped. It helped me get through too when i had no idea what was going to happen.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa354/pamelamcfarlane/cat%20thank%20you2.jpg (http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/pamelamcfarlane/media/cat%20thank%20you2.jpg.html)

angieh
05-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Awwwwww! Such good news. Stay well Harris.