PDA

View Full Version : Asthma attack while resting

Phoenix
20-01-2015, 11:41 PM
This evening, Ebony's asthma flared up while she was curled up on the bed (with Tigger), Ebony had one of her tablets but it didn't seem to work this time so I had to use the asthma mask even though it stresses Ebony out.

Ebony's now made herself scarce upstairs, should I get her booked in for another vet trip? I don't want to put her back onto the mask for her meds because that tends to make her asthma attacks worse.

Normally her tablets get it back under control but today it made no difference to the attack.

dinky
21-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear about Ebony's asthma attack, Phoenix. My late Nala also had bad asthma and like Ebony, had a special cat spacer to help her. She hated it. I'm sorry I have no suggestions to help you, but I do know what you are going through. Poor Ebony.I am thinking of you both.

angieh
21-01-2015, 01:58 PM
I think it would be worth taking Ebony back to the vet. Being asthmatic myself I understand how distressing this must be for Ebony and for you to watch her. I wonder what could have triggered the attack ... maybe she has an infection.

Shelley123
22-01-2015, 07:33 PM
oh dear sorry to hear this, i'm sorry i have no experience to offer you

Phoenix
31-01-2015, 12:05 PM
We think having visitors triggers it, she's having to use the mask because that's what the vet wants (I spoke to her on the phone), Ebony's seeing the vet in a couple of weeks (the vet wants to see how she does on just the mask before I take her back in)