PDA

View Full Version : Cat Collars

timber-
20-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I am a collar fanatic and am disappointed with the lack of really nice selection on collars for cats (when compared to what there are for dogs). I know cats need the breakaway style but was wondering if anyone has experience with the ones with the little piece of stretchy elastic instead of break away. I have looked on hundreds of online stores to find the "right" collars with no luck. Any links to some good stores?

Also, is 3/4" too big for a cat?

fecto's mum
20-12-2014, 06:34 PM
I have no experience of cat collars as ours don't wear them. I know there is a good site for odd handmade things called Etsy. Cheddar and Devon are such handsome boys that any colour would be unworthy!!

Phil
20-12-2014, 08:10 PM
No collars here either.

We tried a few times but gave up.

How about some bling........

http://thekittyblingboutique.com/pages/PhotoGallery.htm

timber-
22-12-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't think bling suits them. :)

angieh
22-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Mine don't wear collars either (both are microchipped). They used to but were always losing them and there are too many things they could get caught up on, hedgerows etc.

PoshPuss
22-12-2014, 05:39 PM
I don't have a rule with collars, I put one on Pandora because I hope the bell will alert the birds and save a few from her clutches. Pearla and Phoebe don't have them as they spend most of their time indoors. All my girls are microchipped though, and if I had my way they'd be GPS monitored somehow too! ( over anxious parent … :lol: )

timber-
23-12-2014, 04:19 PM
I like them just in case they dart out the door and the bell lets me keep track of where they are in the house. Plus, I just love collars overall. I have a big box full of dog collars for my boys. :)