PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

Wyrd
17-11-2014, 06:12 PM
I may hopefully have found some cats to come live with us :D and have a few questions.

They will be outdoor cats with their own outbuilding with beds and such in.
I'm thinking I will probably feed once a day, do you think this would be ok for them and is it best to feed morning or evening?
I'm hoping to feed raw, from what I can tell they eat a similar sort of raw diet to a dog, is there anything they need that is different to a dogs diet? What about offal and veg?
Will they need anything else in their outbuilding apart from beds, food water bowls, and old sofa and a litter tray?

I will probably have more questions when I think of them :lol:

fecto's mum
17-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Depending on the age of the cats I would personally feed twice a day. My cats are indoor cats with access to outside but they have dry food down all the time and wet food twice a day, especially now it is colder. I tend to feed them when they are hungry. As long as they are warm enough I would think what you have supplied bedding-wise is enough. If you have multiple cats I would have more than one litter tray. I have 6 cats and 5 trays. Fresh water should be available all the time and checked in freezing weather that it hasn't frozen over. All my cats eat different things but I do feed raw mince, pouches, dry food and small tins. You could ask what they are being fed on at the moment so its not too much of a change. Hope this helps.

Phoenix
17-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking I will probably feed once a day, do you think this would be ok for them and is it best to feed morning or evening?
I'm hoping to feed raw, from what I can tell they eat a similar sort of raw diet to a dog, is there anything they need that is different to a dogs diet? What about offal and veg?
Will they need anything else in their outbuilding apart from beds, food water bowls, and old sofa and a litter tray?

Feed them twice a day, Ebony and Tigger get fed between 8am and 9am then they get fed again between 4 and 5pm.

It's up to you what you feed them, I personally feed Purina One and both cats love it. They get cooked chicken as an occasional treat :D

Litter trays - I've heard for multiple cats there should be 1 tray per cat plus 1 extra tray :D