PDA

View Full Version : Please take care!

Mags
04-11-2014, 11:53 PM
It's that time of the year again......fireworks, sparklers and huge bonfires. This coming week will probably be full of fireworks being let off every night..:roll:

Most of the accidents at this time of the year happen to children and pets, so please take care with your little ones.

Also, make sure your all animals are safely indoors after dark. Every year animals suffer physically and mentally during November as a result of noisy firework displays and inconsiderate people. Turn the radio or television up louder to help drown the noise of what's going on outside...

It's far better to have a safe pet than a traumatised one.

Enjoy yourselves but please stay safe everyone!:smile:

angieh
04-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Yes, thanks for the reminder Mags - it's been going on already for about a week here. Cats don't seem bothered but poor Monty does suffer.

Phoenix
05-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Tigger's not bothered by the fireworks, Ebony gets frightened and hides under the bed.

PoshPuss
05-11-2014, 12:50 PM
My three are a bit spooked but not distressed, I keep them indoors after dark anyway, unless Pandora does a runner and then she stays out possibly close to the house but is reluctant to give up her 'freedom' in the dark- silly girl. She did jump the other night as a HUGE bang lit up the sky, it shook me too and she shot under the car, as I opened the door she came in and stayed put!

Peanutsfriend
05-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Around here, not only are there fireworks,there are hot air balloons that huff and puff from ubove.
But those of you confronted with these, hold your cats close and sing their songs and let them know you are not afraid.
Jill