PDA

View Full Version : New Dr Who starts tonight!

angieh
23-08-2014, 03:01 PM
New Dr Who series starts tonight - 7.50 BBC1. Am I going to like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor???? Are you???

alexgirl73
23-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Almost hyperventilating in this house lol. Very excited!!

fecto's mum
23-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Willing to give him a try. Got fed up of young Doctors, this is the change it needed. Is he the first Scottish Doctor?

alexgirl73
23-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Willing to give him a try. Got fed up of young Doctors, this is the change it needed. Is he the first Scottish Doctor?

No, Sylvester McCoy was Scottish too and he got to keep his accent. David Tennant is Scottish but he played it with and English one :)

Absolutely loved the first episode. So many wee gems, like the Tom Baker mannerisms. I think Capaldi is going to be fantastic!

angieh
31-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Now we've had the second episode, what do folks think? For me, there is no charisma ...........

fecto's mum
31-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Didn't hold my attention I'm afraid and I like Peter Capaldi. Forgotten about Sylvester McCoy and David Tennant.

alexgirl73
02-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Oh my, we are in awe of him here. Think he plays it brilliantly, so much darker and colder. Can't wait for the rest of the series :)

PoshPuss
02-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I waited until now because I hadn't seen either episode and watched them back to back on iPlayer.
I think in Ep 1, Peter Capaldi was trying each Doctor's style on for size, a bit manic, a bit silly, serious and clever. The whole plot of Ep 1 was very confusing and far too long.

I think by the end of Ep 2 we saw how he's going to play it. He's deeper, darker and more fatherly. The relationship with Clara in Ep 1 was awkward and by Ep 2 we see why, now they both know where they stand it will get better.

I believe Capaldi will grow on me quite quickly, it took ages to get into Matt Smith because like Clara with this new doc, I was so in love with David Tennant, I couldn't think of anyone else as 'the Doctor'.

angieh
02-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Perhaps I'm finding it hard to get into because really I'm still in love with Tom Baker, and showing my age!!!

alexgirl73
02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
I waited until now because I hadn't seen either episode and watched them back to back on iPlayer.
I think in Ep 1, Peter Capaldi was trying each Doctor's style on for size, a bit manic, a bit silly, serious and clever. The whole plot of Ep 1 was very confusing and far too long.

I think by the end of Ep 2 we saw how he's going to play it. He's deeper, darker and more fatherly. The relationship with Clara in Ep 1 was awkward and by Ep 2 we see why, now they both know where they stand it will get better.

I believe Capaldi will grow on me quite quickly, it took ages to get into Matt Smith because like Clara with this new doc, I was so in love with David Tennant, I couldn't think of anyone else as 'the Doctor'.

This was me too lol. David is still 'my' doctor, but by the end I did like Matt a lot. Peter Capaldi is such a sudden shift from the cheeky chappie type that a lot of people may struggle to 'get' him to start off with, but I'm very impressed so far!

angieh
14-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Well, last week I very nearly gave up watching it - but last night was much better. Peter Capaldi does do sinister rather well!