PDA

View Full Version : Zorba

Kazz
13-08-2014, 10:52 AM
This is Zorba...........Siamese fighting fish, a long story behind his arrival. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/DSCN0030_zps15cb90d2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kazz76/media/DSCN0030_zps15cb90d2.jpg.html)

Will check back and see if I have already told you.

Shelley123
13-08-2014, 04:00 PM
He's lovely Karen, i think you gave us a brief reason why you have him.
I'd like to hear the full story and see more pics, i like fish

angieh
13-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Is he on his own? I suppose you have to be careful, otherwise you might have a fishy battle in the tank.

PoshPuss
13-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello to Zorba, he looks handsome. Is he dark blue? I've seen some glorious blue and red ones, they are fierce fish and will literally fight to kill. When I've seen them in Aquarium shops etc, they are kept in a small tank within a tank, glad to see Zorba has lots of room.

Kazz
13-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Here is Zorba's story.
Katie (eldest niece) is looking for flat with her boyfriend and went to view one that had in it few sort of vases o
n the windowsill they all had dead Siamese fighting fish in them. Katie being soft (like all of us) went "aww" and lifted the vases the fish were dead but one moved slightly the chap said they would flush them down the loo. Katie brought "Zorba" out of the flat. And phoned me I had a small isolation tank in the shed and said bring him home.

So here he is he is called Zorba because I was watching the film Zorba the Greek when she rang and also because they are going on their first holiday to Greece next year.

He is now in a tank that is about 26 litres which I am amazed to discover is more than most.
He is really friendly and very nosey, he comes to the front of the tank to watch you. He has a Betta Log now and a Betta Hammock/leaf both you can look up.

They basically give the Betta a chance to relax as they are air breathing fish and with the long fins I think its the equal to swimming in a wool jumper 20 sizes too big for you.
He seems to be coming on okay, and settling in well.

alexgirl73
13-08-2014, 10:56 PM
oh he's fab! Used to have one years ago, such beautiful fish.

Shelley123
14-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Oh my goodness what a sad story but how lucky is he.
I bet he wouldn't have survived much longer.
The hammock looks a great idea , i've never heard of them before.

yola
14-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Lovely girl to save that fish. You have a .... nice niece!!

Kazz
14-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Lovely girl to save that fish. You have a .... nice niece!!

She has been trained well :roll: :roll: the fish accompanied them back from Liverpool on the train..............:-D they even offered to pay for him as it said "pets/livestock or something she read........:roll: :roll: they refused to take payment thankfuly.

Elaine
14-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Bless her for saving Zorba, they are lovely looking fish.

Kazz
17-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Bless her for saving Zorba, they are lovely looking fish.

Thanks she is a good kid. Well young adult.:roll: