PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams

pamela81
12-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Had to post this morning about this as he was such a loved actor. 1 of the only celebrities i have felt sad about as he came across as such a genuine guy.

Such sad news about an amzing actor. Couldnt believe the news when i got up this morning. Loved his films.

Favourites were

Aladdin, Good will Hunting and Mrs Doubtfire.

What were others movies of Robin Williams that you liked?

angieh
12-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Yes, very sad - my OH told me and it was one of those can't believe it moments.

A couple of my favourites - The Bicentennial Man and Patch Adams and of course the role that started his career Mork in Mork and Mindy.

Shelley123
12-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Rest in Peace Robbie, such a shame
I liked him in Mork and Mindy and awakenings

PoshPuss
12-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Such a shock and a shame. :( He was such a talent, the typical clown with a tormented soul.
My Fave films, Hook, Dead Poets Society, Jumanji, Good Morning Vietnam, in fact almost everything he did he did well.

alexgirl73
13-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Was a total shock, one of the most amazing, talented actors on the face of the planet, and so funny you would cry with laughter.
The world is a sadder place without him in it. I can only hope that some good comes out of his death and that mental health issues are more understood.

RIP

fecto's mum
13-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Good Morning Vietnam was the best. Robin Williams was a tremendously talented man, its so sad that very talented people seem to be the most troubled. The blackness of depression is a terrible thing and very hard to get up from. I hope he and Spike Milligan have got together and are being crazy, fabulous people making Him Upstairs laugh like a drain.

yola
14-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Lovely, lovely man. I found the way he could switch from humour to really making a serious point very powerful; such as in Good Morning Vietnam. And yes, depression is a vile and corrosive illness.

My favourite films of Robin's are Dead Poet's Society and Moscow on the Hudson.