PDA

View Full Version : hayfever

pamela81
30-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Morning everyone.

Thought I would start a thread on something which prevents alot of us enjoying the summer weather and maybe share tips on how to get relief from it

At the moment, I am using loratadine tables, nose spray and now a nose vapour along side it. Not getting alot of relief. (all products are over the counter)

What are other people using and is it helping?

angieh
30-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Pamela, so sorry you are suffering. Being a life long asthmatic I also have allergies but many years ago I had allergy testing done on NHS and got a course of immunisation jabs. My allergies are very common, grass pollen and house dust mite. Even though it was over 40 years ago, I think I still have benefit from it. I do top up with loratadine (buy very cheaply online) and take one every night. I understand that a teaspoonful of honey a day may help, if pollen is your allergen. I've also heard that Vitamin B (like in Brewer's yeast tablets) can help but I think you need to start taking them before the pollen season starts.

If I were you, I think I'd go to your GP as the loratadine isn't working for you and you probably need a stronger prescription antihistamine, especially if you want to start running. I guess the pollen season is later in Scotland?

pamela81
30-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Thanks angie. Got the doctors tomorrow morning. I'm allergic to the cats just now because of it and it's getting to me that I can't cuddle them.

Kim
30-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I suffer with hayfever but relatively mildly. It may be worth contacting your doctor as something like fexofenadine, which I believe is a prescription only medication could be prescribed, probably more effective that over the counter remedies. Hope you find something that helps as it is miserable.

pamela81
25-07-2014, 10:15 AM
i got different tablets from the doctors, ones i have never heard of. they have worked great along with the nose spray they gave me

angieh
25-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Good news, Pamela - one problem solved! Is cat cuddling comfy again???