PDA

View Full Version : Little black cat.

farthing
17-06-2014, 07:20 PM
We have just agreed to take in another cat, over and above the Burmese with diarrhoea ( who we have heard no more of).
The vet called a couple of hours ago, the cat has basically degloved it's back leg and needs to be amputated, the owners can't afford it and were going to PTS. The vet called and asked if we could help as she is only 18 months old.
She's not neutered, so probably hasn't been vaccinated and could well be pregnant, however the main aim is to get her leg amputated tomorrow and bloods tests to check for FIV/ FeLV and then take it from there. I think we will be very lucky if she isn't pregnant, but need to get her through this first before considering spaying, by which time is she is in kitten it will be too late to abort ( if in the early stages of pregnancy I would get her spayed).

angieh
17-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Poor little cat - how wonderful that you can step in and hopefully help her through. Fingers crossed the amputation goes well.

dinky
17-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Karma to you Farthing, for giving this poor wee girl a chance of a happy life.I do hope all goes well for her. I also hope that her owners don't go on and get another cat if they are not able to afford vet treatment.

fecto's mum
17-06-2014, 09:47 PM
What a lovely person you are Farthing. So glad the young cat has found you. Wishing her lots of healing love and hugs.

Tink
18-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Lots of healing vibes for this little cat. You are an angel taking her in. Can't wait to hear an update.

PoshPuss
18-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Special prayers for the 'little black cat' with her surgery and illness to bear. God Bless you too farthing for your compassion. x

pamela81
18-06-2014, 03:28 PM
poor wee thing, well done you for taking her on

farthing
18-06-2014, 04:01 PM
She's not coming now. :(
The owner's neighbour want to keep her as they had been looking after her anyway because the owner wasn't. They will pay for the op and are going to book her in next month to be spayed.
Although I am a bit disappointed ( just because I love cats) it's a good outcome and leaves potential space for another one in need. If we hadn't said yes, she would have been PTS before the neighbour could offer a home, so we still served a purpose. :D

angieh
18-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Good and bad news then farthing. I hope that the neighbour turns out to be a loving caring owner, but I guess if they are paying for the op they must care for the little one. Obviously I still hope the op goes well. Good luck little black cat.

Tink
19-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Well, in any event, you still played a part and it all worked out. Good to hear :D

Liz
19-06-2014, 05:24 PM
I know our Maddison had her front leg amputated and was speyed at the same time much quicker. her spay wound was glued and only one anaesthetic involved much easier all round

fecto's mum
19-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Great news. They must love her very much to pay for the op. Like you say Farthing, it leaves room for another kit in need.

timber-
20-06-2014, 02:03 AM
2nd time plans fell through, but like the others have already said, everything happens for a reason and your perfect match will fall into your lives soon enough.