PDA

View Full Version : Kizzy is at the vet

angieh
13-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Morning all ......... sat up in bed to drink my tea this morning and have my usual cuddle with Kizzy and the poor girl was having difficulty walking up the bed, was having trouble putting weight on her back nearside foot. She did make it up to me eventually and we had our cuddle but I knew she wasn't right.

Phoned the vet and managed to get her in for an exam at 9.30. Imagine my surprise when we got her up on the table and rolled over - there was a nasty bleeding cut on the inside of her leg! So she has been kept in to have it looked at under sedation and to have it stitched.

I'd thought I was being a silly worrywort and over-reacting but I am so glad I took her straight in.

Please send healing vibes for darling Kizzy and calming vibes for her anxious mum.

angieh
13-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Just had a phone call ...... Kizzy is coming round after her little op. On closer examination, it seems more like a cat bite and they have only put in 1 stitch as it needs to be able to let any infection out. The wound has been cleaned out and Kizzy has anti-biotics and painkillers. I can go and pick her up after 3.00pm. Poor sweetheart.

cats' staff
13-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Poor Kizzy- hope she is on the mend soon. Gentle chin tickles and healing vibes from me and my lot.

angieh
13-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Kizzy is home with a poor shaven leg. Wound looks clean, but two sided, so definitely a bite. I have shut her in our room with food, water, a litter tray and Pip who has licked her head to say *glad you are home*.

I think I know who is assailant is - we have a new grey and white cat on the block who does look lovely but I am fairly sure is a bit of a bruiser.

Kazz
13-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Kizzy is home with a poor shaven leg. Wound looks clean, but two sided, so definitely a bite. I have shut her in our room with food, water, a litter tray and Pip who has licked her head to say *glad you are home*.

I think I know who is assailant is - we have a new grey and white cat on the block who does look lovely but I am fairly sure is a bit of a bruiser.

Let the dogs out...............:oops: ..............seriously so pleased to hear she is okay its the risk you take with cats but glad Kizzy is okay..........does Pip not get involved, and have you checked him over.

Feliss
13-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Hope she gets well soon!

lynz85
13-02-2014, 07:28 PM
aww poor kizzy! hope shes feeling better soon x

PoshPuss
13-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Awwww chinny tickles for my brave girl Kizzy, now Pandora and Kiz can compare scars :)
Feel for you though Angie, it's frightening to find our baby hurt and we worry when they are under GA. All the better to spoil her now though xxx

pamela81
13-02-2014, 08:45 PM
aww hope she is ok angie, chin tickles from me and my lot xx

angieh
13-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. Kizzy did take a while to settle. OH thought she would be better in our room, so moved food and litter tray in there. She tried to eat and upchucked, understandably because of the anaesthetic. Cleaned that up and moved the food and litter tray back into the cats' room, rigged up a nice bed under my craft desk, with a mat and vet bed, put a row of cushions on the floor by the radiator ...... generally got the place comfy for her. Blow me down, Pip has taken over the bed and seems to have moved in!!!!

Kizzy walked around the house, very unsteady on her feet to begin with but getting stronger. I went with her. The dogs were shut in the sitting room with OH (all were asleep!). Then she decided to try eating again and kept it down. Now I know she's settled as she'd back on our bed again, under the fleece blanket. Poor lass, she's exhausted. Hopefully she will feel better in the morning.

I am extra soft when it comes to Kizzy, I know. I've been walking about cuddling her too and talking to her.

Pip is fine ........... I don't think he gets involved with "strange" cats and he has no sign of any injuries. Mind you, he is a big bloke!

Elaine
13-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Poor Kizzy, hope she is on the mend and not too traumatized after her experience. xxx

angieh
14-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Kizzy is much more relaxed this morning, although she took her pill easily, so that must mean she's still not quite herself! She did manage to keep some kibble down yesterday and has had a drink from the cat fountain and used the litter tray. So, all good recovery signs.

Thanks for your support, it means a lot!

yola
14-02-2014, 10:29 AM
How frightening and upsetting. I very pleased to read however, that Kizzy is recovering well. Good that you caught it in time - my Mum's original stray was bitten similarly but she didn't pick up on it until infection had set it :(

angieh
14-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks Yola ....... sorry to hear about your Mum's stray though. Any animal bites can be nasty, all those bacteria on their teeth.

Got a bit concerned the other day to see a fox wandering around in broad daylight.

angieh
14-02-2014, 01:26 PM
After having been upbeat about Kizzy's progress, I've taken her to the vet again because she was having difficulty putting her foot to the ground and was obviously in pain. So, she's had a painkilling injection and she's on Metacam from tomorrow - lucky I've got some left from last year.

She's back to the vet on Monday for a check.

Shelley123
14-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Poor Kizzy, i hope she's feeling much better soon x

alexgirl73
14-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Gentle hugs being sent for Kizzy. Hope she is feeling better x

dinky
15-02-2014, 05:33 AM
So sorry to hear about poor Kizzy.Hope she is feeling much better soon. We worry so much about our cats and it is horrible when they are not well.Let's hope that the worst is now over for your beautiful girl and she improves quickly .

Velvet
15-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Poor baby, how is she today? Such a worry for you x

Kazz
15-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Poor baby, how is she today? Such a worry for you x

Why were you awake at 4.38am:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

angieh
15-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Well, Kizzy must have been up and about during the night. When the dogs are safely asleep in their crates, the cats have the run of the house, with dog gates left open so the cats don't have to jump. Kizzy woke me scratching at the wardrobe - she does this sometimes during the night and I have to open the door to let her inspect inside. Sometimes I hear the falling of shoes!

She has had her meds this morning with a bit more of a struggle, which I always think is a good sign. She still has a lovely purr for her mummy's cuddles and smooths.

Edited to say: Kizzy has been scampering around the house this morning. She is obviously feeling better. Her wound site does not look so red this morning. Bless her!

Shelley123
15-02-2014, 02:41 PM
glad to hear Miss Kizzy is on the mend, Angie.

Kazz
15-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Pleased to hear she is on the mend and my Cleo adored the wardrobe however - I always thought she was off to Narnia.......Lion (Cleo) Witch (me) wardrobe (self explanatory)

angieh
15-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Funny you say that ....... Kizzy always comes out with a fabulous fur coat!

Kazz
15-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Funny you say that ....... Kizzy always comes out with a fabulous fur coat!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

PoshPuss
15-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a cat that has a wardrobe fetish :lol: Pearla loves to get in there and chirrups away with happiness :D

Kazz
16-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I wonder if it reminds them of cave type places small cats would choose to live in the wild.

pinklizzy
22-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Poor Kizzy!! :(
Hope it is healing now and she is more comfortable bless her.

angieh
23-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes, all is nicely healed thanks, PL. She is due to go back tomorrow to have her stitch removed. I think that may be more of a struggle!

Phoenix
24-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Good to hear the gorgeous Kizzy is doing better, cuddles to her from me :D

angieh
24-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Well I have to report that Kizzy was such a good girl at the vet and her stitch is out (vet nurse said there were two, rather than the one I'd been told!). She has a clean bill of health and her fur is growing again. Pheeeeew. Extra Dreamies for you today, Kizzy and a big thank you cuddle from your mummy xxx

Shelley123
24-02-2014, 05:40 PM
well done Kizzy, what a good girl

Tink
25-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Aww, I'm coming to this late but I'm glad she's better and she didn't fight too much at the vet. Hugs to Kizzy!

alexgirl73
25-02-2014, 11:09 AM
That's great to hear :)

PoshPuss
25-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Kisses for Kizzy, she's been a brave girl throughout all this nasty business. x