PDA

View Full Version : Barney

pamela81
14-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Evening everyone. Had Barney at the vet for a check up yoday due to the issues we have been having. He was given a clean bill of health and even the vet said he was confused by his behaviour as he does genuinely like the attention of people. He has recommended a behaviourist that we can get a referral for. We are going to try a few positive reinforcement training techniques and see how he gets on. Took him to the groomers today and he had a grump at the groomer but no aggression thankfully.

angieh
14-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh, good luck with the positive reinforcement techniques Pamela. Sometimes I wonder what other people would think when Monty is growling, playing with Dora. There really is no aggression luckily, it's just the Schnauzer way. I don't know anything about the Spaniel breed - are they noted for any particular behaviours?

Shelley123
14-12-2013, 10:45 PM
hope everything is ok with Barney i must have missed something

PoshPuss
15-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Fingers crossed for the positive reinforcement methods and hope the behaviourist can advise you well. :)

pamela81
16-12-2013, 08:27 AM
shelly, we had a bit of a worrying incifent with him on Wednesday. I have posted about it in thursday or fridays daily x

Elaine
18-12-2013, 10:09 PM
How are you getting on with Barney and his training now?