PDA

View Full Version : upset stomach??

loupebbles
08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi guy's,

My cat has recently started fowling at the front door again and it's because of this that I noticed her stools getting looser and now they're lighter in colour and slightly bloody. If this happened to me I'd be right off to my gp! She's still eating, which is a foos sign but I'm concerned about the change in her faeces. Should I call the vet?!

angieh
08-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I'd say yes, the blood can't be a good sign.

loupebbles
08-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks angieh,
I got a cancellation for tomorrow. I know blood isn't a good sign in any context I just didnt want to be one of those overly cautious owners!

Shelley123
08-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Hope the vet visit goes ok, do let us know.

truthisouthere
10-11-2013, 10:21 AM
If it's bright red blood then this is from low down in the tract and not from deep inside. This can happen when constipated for example causing little ruptures as it is strained out..It's the dark brown blood that you have to worry about. Having said that, pale and runny faeces can be an indication of a liver problem, or sometimes as simple as a change in diet.
Either way it's definitely something that needs checking out. I hope the vet visit finds an answer.

loupebbles
10-11-2013, 11:59 AM
The vet said that it's probably something she's eaten, maybe the tuna I gave her on Thursday. I'm keeping an eye on her but her behaviour is the same as always and she's still eating so hopefully it'll settle down.

Shelley123
11-11-2013, 02:29 PM
thanks for the update, hope everything is still ok