PDA

View Full Version : Carrots

Kazz
09-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Well I never Bella has never seen a carrot before she was fascinated yet intrigued. Think she thought orange stick threw it in the air caught it and bite it and now is addicted.:-D

angieh
09-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Brilliant! Monty liked carrots when he was younger but isn't so keen now. That's a thought, haven't introduced Dora to a carrot ................

Kazz
10-08-2013, 01:50 AM
That's a new activity then introducing Dora to a carrot. To be honest Bella seems like a book that has never had the pages opened.......
She adores Coconut oil too she only hears the jar being moved and she is there.......

angieh
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Dora has met and eaten her first carrot. She seemed quite smitten!

What do you do with Bella and coconut oil, Kazz???

pamela81
10-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Aww would love to see a video or photo of both Bella and Dora :)

I have no idea if Barney has ever seen a carrot will need to find out!

Elaine
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Rayne adores her fruit and veg. I give her alloe vera juice too. Whats the coconut oil for? Where do you get it?

Kazz
11-08-2013, 08:12 PM

No good on video here but can and will take a picture or two

Kazz
11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Dora has met and eaten her first carrot. She seemed quite smitten!

What do you do with Bella and coconut oil, Kazz???

I basically just put some on my hand and she licks it off I buy it from Tesco http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268622297
you need to get virgin not refined. I have always fed it to the dogs and started giving it to Oscar and Cleo as they got older to help reduce their furballs and also nothing I could put my finger on but seemed to boost both of them.

I give Bella about 1/2 a teaspoon full about twice or three times a week (when kept in fridge it is solid when out it is liquid) so usually leave it out the fridge before giving but she adores it so did Sal its good for their coat that's for certain.
Here is a bit of a link I found.
http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/the-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/

angieh
11-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that Kazz - I'd not heard of giving coconut oil to dogs or cats, so I will look at the links.

Both my dogs also like their veggies. Dora had a couple of bits of broccoli this evening, just as a treat when we were preparing ours.

angieh
11-08-2013, 08:38 PM

I'll see what I can do re a Dora video. My OH is the video king, so I'll ask him!

Kazz
11-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Rayne adores her fruit and veg. I give her alloe vera juice too. Whats the coconut oil for? Where do you get it?
Bl**dy hell Elaine - Rayne I discovered coconut oil really when my Gypsy (sbt) had colitis and then stomach cancer. But eased the colitis. :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: so sorry.

Elaine
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Hmmm, I might give it a try. I was hoping the aloe would help, she has been on it 3 weeks now.

Kazz
11-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Hmmm, I might give it a try. I was hoping the aloe would help, she has been on it 3 weeks now.
My Mom takes Aloe-Vera juice for her ulcerative colitis and says it helps ie notices if she stops and takes a teaspoon of coconut oil (different tub same stuff;) ) in with her yogurt after dinner. She also takes a teaspoon of manuka honey daily too.

Not sure what helps and what does not but Mom does notice if she stops one. Maybe that's human "mind" saying hmm not taken that.

Bella just takes the coconut oil
Dad takes the Manuka honey.
I take none. ;) can't afford it.

The one from Tesco is good.

Elaine
11-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Will keep going with the aloe for now. Started it to try and get rid of these bloody steriods. I was told to give it atleast 4 to 6 weeks before trying to reduce the steriods, so will see how it goes as its only been 3 weeks.
Always good to know that there is something else to try should this fail though.