PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing Fluffy too.

farthing
04-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Fluffy has anaemia from chronic illness ( hyperthyriodism) and heart failure. I have been trying to get her to put on weight but its not happening and she has become very lethargic.
There is nothing more we can do, tried all options. I'm going to give her antibiotics and Metacam, just in case it's something like a tooth problem, but if it doesn't help she will probably be PTS on Wednesday.

I thought Pudding would be the one I would lose first but she's quite bright and eating well.

My mum is ill in hospital too, after a blood transfusion on Friday night.

pamela81
04-08-2013, 08:42 PM
aww farthing, im soo sorry to hear this. Healing thoughts for fluffy from me and my fur babies xx. Also hope your mum is ok x

angieh
04-08-2013, 10:04 PM
So sorry farthing. Hope your mum is OK and a hug for Fluffy from me.

Kazz
04-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Oh Louise I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom and I do hope that Fluffy rallies a little but you always have their best interest at heart and the decision you make will be the right one.

Will be thinking of you Karen

Velvet
04-08-2013, 11:27 PM
So sorry to read this about Fluffy and your mum. Hugs to you all x

tilly
05-08-2013, 01:57 AM
So sorry to here that Fluffy isn't doing well. Fingers crossed she can rally round and perk up for a bit longer.

(((HUGS)))

Sally

yola
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
As Karen said, I'm sure you'll make the very best decision concerning Fluffy - but I concede it's never easy.

Worrying news about your Mum though. I do hope she's OK.

farthing
11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you.
Fluffy passed away this morning. I'm so upset because she had been quiet again on Saturday and we had actually decided to call the vet out and put her to sleep on Sunday.
She was alert but quiet at 1am, when I checked her at 5am she was gone. I feel awful that I got it wrong and hope she didn't suffer, she was on Metacam.
I don't think I've every lost a cat like this and feel I've failed her.

She will be missed.:cry:

Kazz
11-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Thank you.
Fluffy passed away this morning. I'm so upset because she had been quiet again on Saturday and we had actually decided to call the vet out and put her to sleep on Sunday.
She was alert but quiet at 1am, when I checked her at 5am she was gone. I feel awful that I got it wrong and hope she didn't suffer, she was on Metacam.
I don't think I've every lost a cat like this and feel I've failed her.

She will be missed.:cry:

Right blunt and slightly harsh voice coming here along with a couple of massive :bighug: :bighug:

Right you have not failed Fluffy. You have given her a life of love safety and every fibre of your being has done the best you can for her.
You are worried and stressed loosing animals is bad enough but worry about your Mom is making you think a little off kilter.
Think of it another way Fluffy was ready to go and Mother Nature decided that it was her time she was quiet but alert at 1am and gone at 5am. She passed quietly and peacfuly a lovely way to go.

Harsh words over and Fluffy RIP.

pamela81
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
awww I'm so sorry to hear this. thoughts with you xx

RIP fluffy, run free xxx

Velvet
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
So so sorry :(

Scamper wild. & free Fluffy x

angieh
12-08-2013, 09:29 AM
RIP Fluffy, run and play now, free from all pain. ((((HUGS)))) farthing.

yola
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I agree with Karen. It was Fluffy's time, and there was nothing you could have done. You didn't fail her, you gave her a second chance - and bless you for that.

She's in a happier place now without pain or fear; if she was weak it was likely she just slipped away in her sleep. Hugs xx

tilly
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I felt the same way about Tilly but there isn't much you can do in the middle of the night anyway.I am not sure if I should have taken to the vets the day before but she seemd to be doing OK she was still eating drinking and puring at me.
I am sure Fluffy was Ok to and you didn't leave it to long. She was happy and pass away in her home with you. Having her PTS would have casued stress. So it was better and you had check on her a 1 am. So don't worry yourself to much and go and give pudding or one of your other pets a hug. I was suprised to as buster always looked worse than tilly.
RIP Fluffy and hugs to you

Sally

farthing
12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Thank you for your kind words.
I think Pudding has given up since Fluffy died. She had been eating really well and was quite strong but today she seems to have gone downhill markedly and isn't eating. I fear I will have to make another decision tomorrow if she doesn't perk up. They didn't share a bed or anything but arrived at around the same time and ate beside each other.

PoshPuss
13-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Sorry my love, I am late with my condolences and now I see Pudding is giving you worries too. Just to say don't be hard on yourself, your animals have been given the very best of a loving home in your care. When the time comes for any of them you will make decisions based on compassion and what is best for them. It is a precious gift that we can do for them which is denied to many humans, I believe. Bless you in this anxious time but we here support and love you ((hugs)) xx

Kazz
13-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you for your kind words.
I think Pudding has given up since Fluffy died. She had been eating really well and was quite strong but today she seems to have gone downhill markedly and isn't eating. I fear I will have to make another decision tomorrow if she doesn't perk up. They didn't share a bed or anything but arrived at around the same time and ate beside each other.

I thought the same when Oscar was PTS his sister Cleo I thought would not be able to cope and being elderly and a bit poorly too - however she surprised me and carried on for 18 months perfectly fine. On occasion I thought oh your missing Oz I then thought nope she elderly and its a not brilliant day.

Whatever happens you know your cats best

farthing
13-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Pudding was put to sleep a hour ago. She had gradually got flatter and flatter throughout the day.
To the end she proved a fighter but there was nothing more we could do for her and it was the last kindness we could do.

I feel numb having lost 2 in less than 48 hours.

Pudding, Fluffy and Donald were a wee group of their own, and now they are gone, it's the end if that particular era.

PoshPuss
13-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Love and sympathy to you farthing, so sorry that you have had two sad events in such a short space of time. Pudding is with her friends now, it's a happy place. Xx

Kazz
13-08-2013, 07:27 PM
So very sorry to hear this sad news

yola
13-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Gosh. What a difficult time. Even though you take on troubled and life-limited animals, loosing them is like loosing a long- loved pet, I'm sure.

So sorry xx

angieh
13-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Very sorry farthing, what a sad time for you. But I am sure that the love and care that you have given to Fluffy, Pudding and Donald counts for a huge amount in the balance of things.

RIP Pudding, free to spend peaceful time with Fluffy and friends.

tilly
15-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear the pudding has gone as well. RIP Pudding have fun with fluffy and keep each other company.

Sally