PDA

View Full Version : Pudding is finally losing her battle.

farthing
22-07-2013, 08:32 PM
I was really chuffed because Pudding had put on a good amount of weight 2 weeks ago at the vet, however I know think it may have been partially fluid. I had her in then because her breathing seemed laboured but the vet could find nothing apparent and we thought it was probably the heat.
Over the weekend I noticed she was looking a bit pot bellied, I pretty much thought it was bad news, and it was fluid in her abdomen.
The vet confirmed it this afternoon, and she doesn't have much longer with us. I'm going to try Frusemide to reduce the fluid build up, but I'm not doing any further investigation, she is now getting very stressed at the vet and the stress of today really wore her out.
I'm hoping the diuretic will keep her comfy for a bit longer, she's eating really well, but the next time she sees a vet will be at home to PTS. I don't think it will be long.:(

tilly
22-07-2013, 09:02 PM
So sorry to hear that Pudding has taken a turn for the worse. I hope the diretic make her feel better and you can have her for a bit longer.
Sally

angieh
22-07-2013, 10:22 PM
So sorry farthing. Virtual cuddles for Pudding.

alexgirl73
22-07-2013, 10:46 PM
:( gentle hugs being sent x

Velvet
23-07-2013, 03:22 AM
So so sorry x

yola
29-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Very sorry to be reading this. I am sure you will be watching her closely. xx

farthing
29-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Thank you, Pudding is doing ok and still eating well. I think the Frusemide has finally taken effect, her pot belly isn't as big and she seems more comfortable, I guess the Frusemide will affect her already compromised kidneys, but the main thing is she is happy, eating and bright ( I've upped her Metacam dose too, it's not going to be her kidneys that kill her now.)

PoshPuss
30-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Hugs & Kisses for Pudding xxx

Velvet
31-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Glad to hear she is holding her own