PDA

View Full Version : Katie update

Velvet
04-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Had Katie at the Vets on Saturday - we had diarrhea, awful flatuence & asking out all the time, but amazingly looking for food! Vet noticed she had lost weight - spine visible. She goes very thin at times with the kidney failure

First thing you suspect is the kidneys so he did repeat bloodwork. We got a paste for the diarrhea & course antibiotics - just in case she had wee bug of some sort

BUT the most amazing thing ever, her Creatinine levels have dropped!!! Still much too high but such fab news. This must be why she is looking & eating more food. Pray long may it last. Before i was lucky to get a tin a day into her, a good day was 1 1/2 tins. Now she is eagerly eating 2 1/2 tins. Will start soaking little dry k/d & adding it to try & bulk it out more for her

Oh & the paste & antibiotics working too

angieh
04-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Wonderful news Velvet. Well done to you and Katie - hope she manages to put on a bit of weight with the extra eating. Did you try adding a bit of cooked pasta?

Kazz
04-06-2013, 10:20 AM
That is fantastic news really pleased for you. And of course Katie.

I wondered about the pasta too..... however any step in the right direction is a right step. Your news will put a smile on my face all day I think.

Velvet
04-06-2013, 06:05 PM
She wouldnt eat the pasta & i tried it various ways. The only pasta she will eat is spaghetti off a fork if we are having it ourselves so yes she gets some then - fussy wee rascal x