PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Thursday

yola
16-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I say so, because the sun is making a tentative effort to shine here. A few white clouds but the sky is looking reassuringly blue!

Back into the office after 2 days of slogging over worktops. We have 3 out of the 4 positioned, including the tricky blighter with the butler's sink cut out and draining grooves. Once the final top is down then it's the finishing stretch - painting, a few tiles behind the sink, kick plates, upstands and then finito!!

My Mum has exchanged contracts and moves out to Reading in exactly 2 weeks' time. I have timed it to co-incide with half term so she should get lots of help from myself and the boys and from OH for furniture re-assembly, picture hanging etc.

Karen - so sorry to hear of your knee. It is what the doc suspected I had. I do hope you are able to get relief for it soon but it does sound like an op might be in order.

angieh
16-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Good morning Yola - lovely sunny day here, blue sky and a few little white clouds. May go and have a coffee outside but will come back in if it's not warm enough. Dogs are asleep in a sunny sitting room and the cats are outdoors, so it must be warmer! OH has gone to play golf.

How is your knee Yola? I see you say your doc thought you had the same problem as Karen, but presume that's not the case? So how are you doing???

4 knee supports Kazz? That really sounds bad - I know it must be because you are what I would call a stoic. Have you any idea how long it will be before you get to see the consultant? Makes my sore hip pale into insignificance. I am going to try Devil's Claw - will let you know how I get on.

We are gearing up for the Fun Dog Show in just over 2 weeks. Rather anxious about it just now, but we have a meeting on Saturday so I may get some reassurance then, fingers crossed. OH and I are doing the catering.

Velvet - I've just read on yesterday's thread about your virus. That sounds really sore and I send sympathy and hope you start to feel better soon.

Have a good day folks.

yola
16-05-2013, 03:35 PM
How is your knee Yola? I see you say your doc thought you had the same problem as Karen, but presume that's not the case? So how are you doing???

Angie, I was originally diagnosed by the doc as having the same problem as Karen, but a few osteopath sessions completely rid me of the pain so I suspect it was nothing as serious. But having been virtually immobilized by the pain and rendered sleepless for a couple of nights I completely understand how terribly painful it can be.

PoshPuss
16-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Good afternoon Yola and Angie and ladies :)

Nice to know the kitchen is coming together nicely and I'm sure you will be so pleased with the result Yola. Hope your mum's move to Reading goes well, I can see you in charge of the troops at half term- wagons roll! :lol:

Not sure what the weather was trying to do today, really cold this morning, then sunny and warm in the car, and followed by a dark sky and sharp downpour! Still, I've been indoors mostly, firstly in the supermarket then over the Bowls Club for lunch with friends and now just finished ironing.

I don't have any joint problems, thank goodness but they must be aggravated by this unseasonal weather. Fish oils and glucosamine supplements are in order but will be interesting to hear more about herbals like Devils Claw.

Back to more washing, see you later folks!

Kazz
16-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Afternoon all.

Slight disaster here and this time not involving Dad all my own making.....I shall start are you sitting comfortably.....
Combi boiler being replaced on Monday....Hurrah
The hot water sensor has gone one of the reasons its being replaced the other the pressure keeps building.
So I bled the radiator in the bedroom this afternoon and managed to unloosed the grub screw to bled but for the phone rang and I stupidly turned it a twist to far and it came out hence the water from the system followed it :(
I had to race to the airing cupboard turn the boiler off race downstairs turn stopcock off then mop up the water.
All fixed now boiler up and running water mopped up. Clothes changed and in machine.

A tip do not try to stop water of that pressure with a bucket it just bounces back out.

Also had a good result with the search for cheaper car insurance got it down loads. And sorted it.
House insurance I have just tried and knocked £100's off it. SO will be changing as my insurance company cannot beat it - or match it. I am already a customer seems I do not deem worthy for the best offers so I will not be loyal.

Kazz
16-05-2013, 05:18 PM
I say so, because the sun is making a tentative effort to shine here. A few white clouds but the sky is looking reassuringly blue!

Back into the office after 2 days of slogging over worktops. We have 3 out of the 4 positioned, including the tricky blighter with the butler's sink cut out and draining grooves. Once the final top is down then it's the finishing stretch - painting, a few tiles behind the sink, kick plates, upstands and then finito!!

My Mum has exchanged contracts and moves out to Reading in exactly 2 weeks' time. I have timed it to co-incide with half term so she should get lots of help from myself and the boys and from OH for furniture re-assembly, picture hanging etc.

Karen - so sorry to hear of your knee. It is what the doc suspected I had. I do hope you are able to get relief for it soon but it does sound like an op might be in order.

Hey Yola sounds like the last stretch did you fit the worktops yourself?
Wow that's quick for your Mom - bet she will be glad of the help...........and the boys will be proud they are strong/big enough to help.

Kazz
16-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Good morning Yola - lovely sunny day here, blue sky and a few little white clouds. May go and have a coffee outside but will come back in if it's not warm enough. Dogs are asleep in a sunny sitting room and the cats are outdoors, so it must be warmer! OH has gone to play golf.

4 knee supports Kazz? That really sounds bad - I know it must be because you are what I would call a stoic. Have you any idea how long it will be before you get to see the consultant? Makes my sore hip pale into insignificance. I am going to try Devil's Claw - will let you know how I get on.

We are gearing up for the Fun Dog Show in just over 2 weeks. Rather anxious about it just now, but we have a meeting on Saturday so I may get some reassurance then, fingers crossed. OH and I are doing the catering.

Velvet - I've just read on yesterday's thread about your virus. That sounds really sore and I send sympathy and hope you start to feel better soon.

Have a good day folks.
Yes it is quite bad Angie the MRI shows the tear so mine is confirmed.
Fun dog show - sure your catering will be brilliant.

Kazz
16-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Angie, I was originally diagnosed by the doc as having the same problem as Karen, but a few osteopath sessions completely rid me of the pain so I suspect it was nothing as serious. But having been virtually immobilized by the pain and rendered sleepless for a couple of nights I completely understand how terribly painful it can be.

I wonder what yours was then Yola ..... I wish mine could be rectified. But I am very pleased yours is resolved - will it reoccur or will you have to keep going to the osteopath?

Kazz
16-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Good afternoon Yola and Angie and ladies :)

Nice to know the kitchen is coming together nicely and I'm sure you will be so pleased with the result Yola. Hope your mum's move to Reading goes well, I can see you in charge of the troops at half term- wagons roll! :lol:

Not sure what the weather was trying to do today, really cold this morning, then sunny and warm in the car, and followed by a dark sky and sharp downpour! Still, I've been indoors mostly, firstly in the supermarket then over the Bowls Club for lunch with friends and now just finished ironing.

I don't have any joint problems, thank goodness but they must be aggravated by this unseasonal weather. Fish oils and glucosamine supplements are in order but will be interesting to hear more about herbals like Devils Claw.

Back to more washing, see you later folks!

Sounds like a good day P.P. I don't have any joint issues either so quite surprised by this however I think just on of those things. Seems joints/muscles do not heal as quickly as bones.
I too will have a read of devils claw. Although I do take a multi vitamin (mostly due to the hysterectomy and not being able to take HRT) but have found weight bearing like walking etc works well for healthy bone. Well I hope it does.

yola
18-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey Yola sounds like the last stretch did you fit the worktops yourself?
Wow that's quick for your Mom - bet she will be glad of the help...........and the boys will be proud they are strong/big enough to help.

Yes we did the work tops. Well, OH did and I was the coffee making assistant ;)