PDA

View Full Version : Cats and toilets

yola
25-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Came across this today on the Daily Mail website . . . http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2284176/Purr-fect-solution-litterbox-blues-Amazing-invention-allows-cats-learn-use-toilet-like-human.html

Didn't our friend Dinahsmum do something similar with her two a few years back? I remember her saying that she had trained her cats to use a human toilet.

I can't imagine my cats taking to this. Rispy would drown for a start as she HAS to, without fail, sniff her offerings ever time one is presented :shock:

angieh
25-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm sure I've seen something similar before Yola. Can't remember dinahsmum training her cats to use one though. Grand idea, but the bathroom door would have to be left open and Dora would steal all the loo rolls!!!

cats' staff
25-02-2013, 09:54 PM
One of my friends tried this but has gone back to the traditional litter tray after it all got too messy!

pamela81
25-02-2013, 10:49 PM
great idea but i have only just got Harris using the tray everytime again so dont wanna risk changing it. We did think about it at 1 point though

Mags
25-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Here's the link to Dinahsmum's diary of toilet training Chester and Bentley :D

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=15234&highlight=training+cat+toilet

angieh
26-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the link Mags, it was before I joined Catsey but lovely to see little Chester, he was just such a handsome marmalade boy!

yola
26-02-2013, 11:32 AM
That's the one Mags!

Chester went missing for ages didn't he? I remember H saying that her husband got the call to say they had found him safe and well when he was in the airport as they were heading off on holiday!

Anyway, back on topic . . . not sure why this is being trumpeted as a new invention by the Daily Mail :smt102

angieh
26-02-2013, 01:44 PM
I certainly remember when Chester went missing - and was found, I think I remember having crossed the river and ending up some way from home.

I also wondered why Daily Mail has suddenly picked up on this product ....... maybe it's been revamped a bit? I don't remember the inserts being different colours, they weren't in dinahsmum's thread.