PDA

View Full Version : Christmas dinner whats yours?

Kazz
10-12-2012, 03:30 PM
As the title says really whats going to be your Christmas lunch?

angieh
10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
hmmmmmm - we've hummed and haaaaed about this. We have a turkey crown in the freezer and a gammon. We may (if it's available) be getting a duck crown via click and collect just before the day - if they are sold out, we will have the turkey, if not it'll be the duck!

jacks
10-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Ours will be a traditional christmas dinner.....Roast turkey,roast potatoes,parsnips,carrots,peas,cauli,stuffing,cran berry sauce and gravey.Usually were full up after that and have Xmas pud later in the afternoon......and of course abit of turkey for Minnie.:D

Kazz
10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Hmm you see the descision has been made by me this year that we will have a small turkey or turkey cown on the Sunday so I can have turkey sarnies and then Christmas day we are having roast pork (my choice would be duck) however I am the only one who likes Duck :(

Usually I would be with Jacks full turkey etc.

angieh
10-12-2012, 09:08 PM
How do you do your duck Kazz??? I quite fancy a marmalade glaze ...

Kazz
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Ours will be a traditional christmas dinner.....Roast turkey,roast potatoes,parsnips,carrots,peas,cauli,stuffing,cran berry sauce and gravey.Usually were full up after that and have Xmas pud later in the afternoon......and of course abit of turkey for Minnie.:D

How do you do your duck Kazz??? I quite fancy a marmalade glaze ...

That sounds lovely, I am relegated to duck legs.....as only I eat it.

Velvet
10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Going to my brothers and he is having a beef roast

Ever since dad died in 2010 mum has not wanted to celebrate Christmas - dad was always very into Christmas. They were married 70 years. So since then we have turkey with all the trimmings at New Year x

yola
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
No real Christmas Day blow out here; we're doing it on Christmas Eve instead with a European multi-course fish extravaganza. I'm hosting it so will be doing monkfish in a butter, tarragon and scallop sauce. Plus we'll be having all the other usual suspects like herring, beetroot soup etc.

Kazz
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Going to my brothers and he is having a beef roast

Ever since dad died in 2010 mum has not wanted to celebrate Christmas - dad was always very into Christmas. They were married 70 years. So since then we have turkey with all the trimmings at New Year x

Valid point. I can understand that and roast beef is gorgeous.

Kazz
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
No real Christmas Day blow out here; we're doing it on Christmas Eve instead with a European multi-course fish extravaganza. I'm hosting it so will be doing monkfish in a butter, tarragon and scallop sauce. Plus we'll be having all the other usual suspects like herring, beetroot soup etc.

Thats a really good idea and as always Yola I am envious of your tradition.