PDA

View Full Version : All Four Cats Sneezing

freckles
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Hi all

All four of my cats are sneezing. The 10mth old started with sneezing then the 2x 10yr old's started with it, but all still eating & going out, however its my kitten that is worrying me slightly. Darla is 14 weeks old & she is sneezing but has a poorly eye which is weeping & looks generally sore.

I have some antibiotic eye ointment (Chloramphenicol 1.0% w/w), which was for one of my other cats or I have some Fucithalmic eye drops which was for my dog but it says on box that it can be used on dogs, cats & rabbits. What I wanted to know really was do you think it would be safe to try a bit on Darla. As im sure this is what the Vet would prescribe?

Any suggestions?

angieh
13-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I would advise taking at least your kitten to the vet - kittens can go downhill so fast and she may need some antibiotics to help fight the infection. Just tell the vet what you already have medicine-wise.

Velvet
13-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Definitely see vet, kittens can take a eye virus which if not treated can cause serious consequences. As Angie says, just tell the vet you already the eye drops if its them he suggests using.

Are all your other cats up to date booster wise?

Gaina
13-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Billy has been sneezing with 'weepy' eyes too! He had an antibiotic injection yesterday at the vet and it seems to be doing the trick :).