PDA

View Full Version : Immune systems

Velvet
06-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Is there anything we can give Ben (24 weeks) to boost his immune system?

paulinef2
06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I found this article, hope it helps http://tipsaboutcats.com/2012/02/05/tips-about-building-your-cats-immunity/

angieh
06-09-2012, 08:25 AM
That's a good article to start thinking about Pauline. It's a big topic on the Schnauzer forum I belong to, whether to BARF (raw feed) or not.

I suppose the worry is whether if you feed raw, plus supplementing with vitamins and minerals, you are achieving the gold star "balanced diet" with everything your animal needs - after all companies spend millions in R&D trying to provide a balanced diet to a wider population.

Velvet
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for that Pauline, as hes only a kitten will probably need to discuss any radical changes with the vet. Im not 100% with raw as i had the dogs on raw for a year & it didnt really work. I do give Katie vit e capsules as it helps support the kidneys so could think about squeezing drop onto Ben's food. You used to be able to get things like SA37 to sprinkle on their food but havent seen that for years.

If these disposable stitches are not gone by Monday coming (14 days) I am going to take Ben & ask they are taken out. Hes been very good & i do think 14 days is long enough disposable or not!