PDA

View Full Version : Sick kitty

pamandmatt
27-08-2012, 01:21 AM
So we have 2 cats we rescued. Callie woe a kitten at heart and whiskers we call her mommy, shes my reason for being on here. She was a big cat about 13 lbs, she now weighs 8.6. We have been syringe feeding her for a month iv at home for 2 weeks numerous Medea. Vet says its liver but has to be something more. She throws up white foam, wont eat or drink. Can anyone help us, we would be destroyed if we lost her, shes only 7 years old.:? :(

farthing
27-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi, have any blood tests been taken, ultrasound scans or x-rays. These will all help to throw some light as to what is happening. Is she being sick, does she have any diarrhoea, is the weight loss rapid, is she peeing or drinking a lot.
We may be able to help more once we know her symptoms.

Kim
27-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi, so sorry to hear about your cat :( it must be very worrying. My daughters cat, Harvey is displaying the same symptoms, blood tests didn't show anything. He is currently staying at the vets awaiting x-rays tomorrow and being opened up if these aren't conclusive. I think your cats need further investigations as you need to know what is causing this if he is to be helped. Good luck.

angieh
27-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Fingers crossed you can get to the cause of her problems xx

pamandmatt
28-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I have had 3 sets of hloodwork done Tbilisi and glucose high, vet doesn't seem to help much. Now syringe feeding whiskers is getting so much harder

angieh
28-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Poor cat - I'd see if you can't find another vet.

The frothy vomit sounds to me as if your cat has at least got an inflamed stomach and she won't eat because it makes her feel sick. I would try giving her slippery elm to see if it calms her stomach.

http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/slippery-elm/

I have used slippery elm with my old cat Merlin to good effect and I know other members here who also swear by it.

pamandmatt
28-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Thank you I just called another vet appt is for Thurs hope its not too late I can feel her bones.