PDA

View Full Version : Introducing kitten to a siamese

Kirsty88
26-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi, im thinking about getting another siamese cat but will it have to be a female? I would prefer another male siamese but dont know if its possible and if so how do you introduce them.

Thanks.

Velvet
27-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Have no experience of Siamese but here is how we worked it

Tim (m), then Amber (f), then Mindy (f), then Misty (f) & lastly baby Ben (m). Its worked, in fact getting another boy seems to have taken the pressure off Tim a bit, he had got a bit grumpy for a while but now back to his old self xx.

Pickalilly
28-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure about introducing so I won't mention anything (much of cat info on google, including respected articles, seems to be incorrect) but I know that you are meant to have two litter trays plus one other for two cats...but easier said than done!! I think it's so the cats aren't stressed because they feel confined to one other if one is being used...

Also make sure you have free spaces for both cats and retreats

Velvet
28-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Yes lots of litter trays - we one for each cat downstairs & two upstairs. The covered type we find are best, less work xx

Why not discuss the kittens sex with the breeder, they should be able to advise you x

Moli
28-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I have an Oriental and a Siamese, 6 months between their ages , both boys and they are best of friends......