PDA

View Full Version : Name that kitty!

TiggerMoon
23-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I need some help finding a name for my new kitten. I thought it would be easy, but it's surprisingly hard!
He was born on easter sunday.
He is ginger and white with big brown eyes, a very long stripey tail and a white mark on his back that is heart shaped.
He is very chatty, very playfull, quite confident and a big softie who likes his cuddles!
Here are some photos.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/Joanne_Whale/215.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/Joanne_Whale/244.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/Joanne_Whale/142.jpg

We are calling him little man at the moment, but I'm worried he's going to grow up with a complex! Any ideas welcome, the more unusual the better.

angieh
23-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Gosh, he looks like my Pip! Does he have little webbed paws???? Looks rather like it in your first photo ......... my Pip has all four paws webbed. I will put my thinking hat on for names .... thinking Otta, Ozzie, Pumpkin atm.

TiggerMoon
23-07-2012, 01:09 PM
That's funny, he was called pippin when we got him! He doesn't respond to it though, that's why we're trying to find another name for him. I'll have to check his toes to see if they're webbed, if I can get him to sit still long enough!

Elaine
23-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I quite like the name Taylor just now, dont know why.

Mags
23-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Tinker ...... Tinks for short! :D

Mrskatyb
23-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Buster? Charlie? Leo? Prince? Handsome? Really like pippin, it's a shame he doesn't answer to it. He's absolutely gorgeous though, love his tail! What about Romeo? Just thinking of the heart shaped marking x

Mrskatyb
23-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Love the pumpkin suggestion Angie x

TiggerMoon
23-07-2012, 09:27 PM
We call him handsome sometimes, and he seems to like it. Bit reluctant to call him that as his official name, as our vets call out your pets name to call you in, so it would be a bit embarasing! I like Romeo and Leo, I'll give them a try later to see what he thinks.
Angie, I checked his paws and he seems to be webbed on the front paws only, I got a good look at his back paw when he stretched it out right in my face!

pamela81
23-07-2012, 09:32 PM
i like oscar at the moment

Moli
23-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Goodness he looks so like my dear departed Chancer, gorgeous little boy..............

Velvet
24-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Our ginger boy is Timmy and the wee ginger boy that died before we got him,we were going to call Oscar x

TiggerMoon
24-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Looks like he's going to be called Romeo! I walked into the bedroom last night and called out: "Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?" and he came thundering out from under the bed to rub around my legs! Although I was calling him a little s**t head at 2am, as he was dive bombing his litter tray from the bed and then flinging the litter all around the room.
Thanks to everyone for all your great suggestions, especially Mrskatyb x

angieh
24-07-2012, 01:17 PM
That's grand ........... Romeo! My little Pip also has a heart-shaped marking on his shoulder. Although I will probably never meet your Romeo, I feel I know him as he sounds character-wise just like Pip. A loving boy, I'm sure he must have Ragdoll in his genes somewhere, I can do anything with him, roll him on his back, tickle his tum. He's a dreamboat, I'm sure your Romeo will be just the same!

TiggerMoon
24-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I think you might be right about the ragdoll in him, he has a very long tail and I think he is going to be a big boy. His mum is a tortie/white with at least two heart shapes on her, but she had very short thick fur, and his is a bit longer. I don't think they knew who the father was, so it must come from dads side of the family!
Pip sounds like a big softie! I hope Romeo grows up to be just like him!
We are going to the vets tomorrow to find out when we can get him "done" The sooner the better IMO!

angieh
24-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Very wise! How old is Romeo? We had Pip done at 6 months - he was only allowed out before that on a harness and lead, so he could find out where he lived. Since he's been neutered, he comes and goes as he likes. He always comes when called if he's within hearing and always comes to greet me when he comes home!

I wondered about Pip's fur when he was a kitten, it was more like fuzzy felt, but now he has a very thick coat. If Romeo is like Pip, he loves his food and can put on weight even though he's an active boy - he is now just over 3 years old.

TiggerMoon
24-07-2012, 02:29 PM
He is 15 weeks old and boy does he love eating! It's going to be realy hard to keep him in as we live in a bungalow, and I don't want to keep him shut in one room. It's so nice at the moment that the other two keep wanting to go in and out the door. He's sleeping off lunch in the bedroom at the moment, but when he wakes up the back door will have to be shut and it's like a military operation to open the door without him getting out, and he's only been here for less than a week!

angieh
24-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Yes, we were a bit like that! Couldn't keep our resident girl Kizzy in as she had got used to her own freedom. I wonder what your vet will advise - there are many who will neuter at 5 months, not sure about any earlier than that.

TiggerMoon
24-07-2012, 03:28 PM
I have just been reading that some vets will neuter as young as 6wks and as small as 2lbs! While I appreciate that some shelters may need to do it that young to ensure the kittys don't breed after they are rehomed, it still seems a bit scary to put such a small animal under general anasthetic!
I tried to put a harness on him yesterday and completely failed! He thought it was a new game and just would not let me put it on. I may have to get a smaller one though, as he is so streamline!

Mrskatyb
24-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Aw love his name!! Totally suits him. He sounds like he has a lovely personality. Pip too by the sounds of it, very similar x

TiggerMoon
25-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe that's why he didn't want to share the name Pip, there can only be one Pip!
He was a very brave boy at the vets today, they are happy to neuter him at 5 months so it's 4 weeks until the snip!

angieh
25-07-2012, 04:50 PM
:D :D :D Actually, there is another Pip on the forum. He is a black cat and belongs to Lynz85.

So you have another 4 weeks of juggling doors and windows ..... an opportunity for plenty of indoor play and cuddles with your handsome youngster.

If you'd like to post more photos .......... :lol:

TiggerMoon
28-07-2012, 06:34 PM
More photos coming soon, the hardest part is choosing which ones.
The vet said he has quite small testicles! Poor boy, he was very insulted (or was that just me?) so hopefully they will be big enough in a month!

angieh
28-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I think it's the size of the tubes that matters as far as the castration goes, they have to be able to tie them off. Poor Romeo - I don't expect he will miss them as much.