PDA

View Full Version : Satellite of Love~

Miss V
05-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Hello Everyone, I found you just now as I was sitting on the couch; my kitty curled up beside me. I picked her up from the Hospital last night; she is now a three-legged cat...

Miss V
05-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Any support from someone who has an older front-leg amputee would be greatly appreciated!

Mags
05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi! Sorry to hear about your cat having to undergo an amputation, I'm pleased you now have her back home with you now. What is her name?

We have had a few members over the years who have had legs amputated and it is surprising how quickly they learn to adapt.

You may find this link of how others members have coped with their own cat loosing a limb interesting and helpful .......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19409&highlight=front+leg+amputee+cat

Please let us know how your dear cat progresses....:)

Miss V
05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Mags,Thanks for responding~I am new to the internet & like Satellite(my cat-friend) I am learning how to navigate around!;)

Mags
05-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Satellite is a great name! :D

We would love to see a pic of her if that is possible; if you have difficulty posting photos on the forum, this link will guide you through the process.....

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195

Miss V
05-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Hello Again Mags~I will get a photo of Miss Satellite asap; it would be nice to have everyone see her. So far she is mostly sleeping but is eating well & has used her litter-box which amazes me seeing how little she moves. As far as mobility she can toddle around which is heart-wrenching to see but also makes me glad that she is attempting to get around. Will check the link you sent on amputees when I return home~

Mags
05-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Hello Again Mags~I will get a photo of Miss Satellite asap; it would be nice to have everyone see her. So far she is mostly sleeping but is eating well & has used her litter-box which amazes me seeing how little she moves. As far as mobility she can toddle around which is heart-wrenching to see but also makes me glad that she is attempting to get around. Will check the link you sent on amputees when I return home~
It's early days yet, it's amazing how quickly they bounce back after such an op. She will soon discover that three legs can be as good as four for getting around and jumping. :) It's good to hear she is eating and using her litter tray, bless her!

Looking forward to seeing her pic too....:)

Miss V
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Thank-You, Mags~I went to the link you sent me & it was very reassuring. Would love to connect with someone else who has an older front-leg amputee to share stories, advice, etc....

yola
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I hope you and Satellite are able to move forward from this rather traumatic episode . . . it's been a little quiet here because we've had an extended jubilee bank holiday; but folks will be along to say hello.

I'd love to see some pics of Satellite, she sounds like a brave girlie.

angieh
06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Catsey/P1030743-1.jpg

Morning Miss V and Satellite. I have no experience of a feline amputee, but it sounds to me as if your lovely friend is doing rather well, bless her.

Miss V
06-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Thank-You Kind People~ Just keeping the flat even sweeter & more calm than usual; Maxfield, Satellite's dog-brother is being a gem~

Miss V
07-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Thank-You all so much; she is an amazing little girl indeed; able to move around fairly well; totally interested in her food(she & her dog-brother Maxfield are both on the raw diet) and....using her litter-box already! I was worried about the fact that she hadn't pooped in four days but gave her some cooked butternut squash last night and Voile~she did the deed this afternoon & I cried; just as I did when I came i n and found she had managed to use the box the day she arrived home to pee! It's the little things in life sometimes...Btw, Maxi is being so gentle & kind; our little flat is sweet, warm, loving nest of recouporation these days~

angieh
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Lovely to hear that Satellite is doing so very well Miss V. She sounds as if she has the perfect atmosphere for recuperation.

I am looking forward to seeing a photo of her and her dog-brother Maxi too.

Miss V
13-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Any support from someone who has an older front-leg amputee would be greatly appreciated!
Hello Again~Sattie is coming along well; transitioning beautifully! Has anyone else had a Senior cat with a front-leg amputation to share insights with?