PDA

View Full Version : Please use this thread to post 'disturbing'/animal cruelty related news

Az
11-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Please use this thread to post Cat Related News that some members may find disturbing. That way they can avoid the thread if need be but it still allows people to discuss these issues freely.

Thanks.

thedogsmeeeow
17-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Please help this cat! This video was found on youtube. The link is http://youtube.com/watch?v=-7gmc70P3Ds. He's basically shoving the cat down in the ground and punching it to make it "sing" when it's actually screaming! Report it to youtube, contact the newyork aspca, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN!

dandysmom
17-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Clicked on the link, and found the video has been removed by the owner. I should hope so, from your description: sounded absolutely horrible. Hope the authorities have taken some action!:cry: :evil:

smudgley
17-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't think we need a link to that video, but it's been removed from the site now anyway.

Fran
17-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I hadn't got the heart or stomach to click on the link anyhow :?

Mags
18-03-2007, 06:52 AM
I would never have watched the video either, the description was enough without showing it on a cat lover's forum:mad:

Kim
18-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I could never watch it anyway. Glad it's been removed. :(

Jac
18-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I didnt see the video nor want to. Thats some introduction to the site thedogsmeeow.
Dont know about you guys but this stinks of Troll

Mags
02-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Australia's answer to Feral Cats

I don't think many would like this on their dinner table....:?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6974687.stm

dandysmom
02-09-2007, 04:24 PM
:shock: Ugh!!!!!! That's disgusting.......:(

Mags
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I could never imagine that being done in this country.......we go out of our way to help the ferals....:mad:

Fran
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jane
02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
:shock: :shock: That is so gross :cry: :cry:

mable1718
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
thats gross :(

babycakes
02-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I have read your replies and decided not to view my baby is a feral think it would break my heart

Mags
02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I have read your replies and decided not to view my baby is a feral think it would break my heart
It is a BBC news report (no pics) of what happens to ferals in Australia ........ it wouldn't happen in this country...

catmadjax
06-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I saw another distressing vidio on utube too! a chinese woman stomping on a kitten they were still pictures but the last one was of her heal going through its eye, and i tell you something, i will never ever forget it! I clicked on it by mistake, it looked like a nice innocent picture of a tabby kitten. I reported it and it was pulled.

babycakes
06-09-2007, 07:53 PM
This has made me feel sick!!! Why are people just allowed to post anything they want without it being moderated first??? I don't understand who can we complain to?? Them poor animals who would do such a thing and think people want to view this??

babycakes
06-09-2007, 08:24 PM
I have complained to you tube about it's lack of moderation I doubt I will hear back. I can't stop thinking about those poor animals

Mags
06-09-2007, 08:27 PM
This is an old thread from March 07 reopened............:?

smudgley
06-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I saw another distressing vidio on utube too! a chinese woman stomping on a kitten they were still pictures but the last one was of her heal going through its eye, and i tell you something, i will never ever forget it! I clicked on it by mistake, it looked like a nice innocent picture of a tabby kitten. I reported it and it was pulled.

That's disgusting.
Did you need to write this post in such graphic detail?

Jac
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I really think this thread should be put to bed. A troll started it and by carrying it on there getting there way.

babycakes
07-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I really think this thread should be put to bed. A troll started it and by carrying it on there getting there way.

I don't understand what you mean?? Do you mean someone has come on and reopened this to cause upset?

Jac
07-09-2007, 10:00 AM
No, what I mean is the person who posted this in the first place. It was to cause upset and it has. The person only ever made one post.

CathyW
16-09-2008, 10:39 PM
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/3675677.My_horror_at_cat_killings/

this is about 1 mile away from where we live. really hope they catch the sicko whos doing it. so sad

R.I.P babys.

Moli
16-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Words fail me!!!!!:(

CathyW
17-09-2008, 08:26 PM
there was another story related to this but too grapic. i just hope they catch who ever is responsible

Phoenix
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I think this woman should be punished in the worst way possible! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/Kitten-kicker-gets-life-animal.3401018.jp

Good riddance to the sick *censored*

catmadjax
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh my goodness Jac! I never posted the info about the chinese woman to cause upset, I had to vent, I just couldnt believe my eyes! You will all be pleased to know however, that the woman and the cameraman that carried out these vile attack, were taken out by the Animal Lib, she got what the kitten got, apparently she was a nurse of all things! lost her job, home, family everything! GOOD!! I hope she felt the same pain she inflicted on those animals! And by the way Jac, i have posted on here lots of times before, not in this section tho.

Bronte-sis
24-02-2009, 11:20 AM
A teenager who put a four-week-old kitten in a microwave has been given 120 hours community service and banned from keeping pets for seven years.

This guy is a prat i can say that as i know him i used to teach him at the Red cross
Man who microwaved cat walks free

Declan Baker put the kitten in the microwave for about 10 seconds
A teenager who put a four-week-old kitten in a microwave has been given 120 hours community service and banned from keeping pets for seven years.

Declan Baker, 18, from Forfar, drunk half a bottle of whisky before cooking the young cat on 17 October last year.

A horrified friend rescued the kitten, which was convulsing and struggling to walk but it had to be put down by vets.

Animal welfare campaigners have said he should have been jailed and Baker was booed as he walked free from court.

Baker admitted the animal cruelty charges against him.

During questioning by police, he told officers that the kitten had been in the microwave for about 10 seconds.

He said it was a joke that went too far and that he regretted it.

Depute Fiscal Donna Brown told Forfar Sheriff Court: "The kitten showed signs of swollen legs and was given steroid injections to reduce inflammation.

"The next day it managed to eat and drink a little, but its body was still swollen. It was taken home by a vet nurse over the weekend and received treatment. But the decision was taken to put it to sleep.

"The vet said recovery would take too long and would involve too much suffering."

This individual's cruel and reckless behaviour clearly showed a total lack of empathy

Ross Minnett
Advocates for Animals

Defence solicitor Brian Bell told the court that his client had received death threats and had lost his job following the offence.

Sheriff Kevin Veal said: "To put a small, defenceless animal inside a microwave oven and then activate the oven, with the injuries the animal thereafter sustained is altogether appalling and utterly unacceptable."

However, he decided not to jail Baker, saying his sentence would be better served in the community.

He also ordered Baker to pay £150 compensation to cover vet's fees.

The Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals described the act as "barbaric."

Senior inspector Mark Lumgair said: "This was a horrific act of animal cruelty, beyond any sort of reasonable understanding.

"Not only was the cat subjected to agonising torture, but it did not die from its injuries and endured pain and suffering until it could be put to sleep by a vet."

Ross Minnett, director of Advocates for Animals, added: "We are disappointed that the sheriff failed to acknowledge the severity of this offence.

"This individual's cruel and reckless behaviour clearly showed a total lack of empathy and disregard for the level of suffering caused to the kitten."

meep
24-02-2009, 11:48 AM
That is horrendous. He should have gone to prison. That makes me sick.

Anyone who can do that to an animal is a danger to others. They have a different perception of 'cruelty' and what's 'right' and 'wrong'. There have been studies done that show sociopaths are very likely to have tortured animals when they were children, and show no remorse. I'm not saying that, as such, this man is a sociopath but he definately doesn't have a grasp on real human compassion. If I knew him and knew he'd done this I'd be scared to be left alone with him as he's obviously missing something in the head.

mattde
24-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I would have liked to microwave his man bits for 10 seconds see how he enjoyed that.
What a muppet he is, lets hope people always remember him for what he has done.

random
24-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I think he should have been put in a microwave himself but there you go. Do onto others as they say...

Bronte-sis
24-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Someone I know, knows him and says he is a moron and that he has been threatened, I know what I would do if I ever saw him....

Phoenix
24-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Someone I know, knows him and says he is a moron and that he has been threatened, I know what I would do if I ever saw him....

Shove him in a microwave and switch it on full power? I know I would! :twisted: :evil:

Leesy
24-02-2009, 03:17 PM
I think he should be put in a cage with a big hungry tiger and locked in to see how he likes that, don`t think he would beable to put that in a microwave.
He totally makes me feel sick, to beable to do that to any living animal is disgusting and not normal behaviour:evil: :evil: :evil:

dandysmom
24-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Heartbreaking. Just pure evil. I hope what goes around comes around for him .......

Moli
24-02-2009, 06:55 PM
:evil: Pure evil!!! But there are a lot of people after him, so hopfully he will bve made to suffer!!!!:evil: Can not post what I would like to do with him!!!:evil:

calismum
24-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Speechless - but I agree what comes around etc.

jan
06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
About a year or slightly more ago, in Leicester just close to the city centre, there was a horrific story that made the front pages of our local paper. I did nt want to hear about it initially, being inclined to dwell on things and get upset for ages but inevitably I did from other people. A little boy kitten,black and white and about 8 weeks old, had been found alive near some bins, he had lay for about a week, he had four broken legs, a broken tail and then the b****** s who had done this to him poured something like battery acid or a similar corrosive over him and left him to die. Except the poor thing did nt. He was found days maybe more, later and the RSPCA had to put him to sleep on the spot as he was too badly injured. I am crying to think about it now. I cannot believe the cruel things people do,especially to a defenceless animal, the only positive to come from this was the fact that people wrote in offering money to help catch the person (s) responsible, (one pensioner offered £25 for example) and it made you realise that there are other people as affected by this disgusting case as I am. I don t think anyone was ever caught, I hope there s a justice in one way or another - somehow. I wish I was Richard Branson,I would offer £25,000 for capturing this monster, maybe someone would know something then. Sorry to upset anyone,rant over. Jx

yola
06-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Jan, I think we've all heard similar - well maybe not quite so horrific, but nasty animal cruelty stories all the same, and anyone with any compassion or humanity would react exactly like you did. Rant all you want to!

dandysmom
06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Beyond belief. I'd hope someone would do the same to him......

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
so sad, this teen punched the cat ect!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhM7AI8O7I&feature=related
needs to be jailed for years.

Phoenix
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
That is so sick! I hope they suffer exactly the same fate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

yola
11-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm just having to write a warning CP press release today (in conjunction with my PCSO friend), about local cat killing and mutilation . . . it makes me feel sick even writing about it . . . poor cats :(

pcspik
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.justiceforwilbur.co.uk/Justice_for_Wilbur_/Home.html

About a pet cat that was eaten by a neighbouring python. There is a link to a petition on the Downing Street (Number 10) website to have pythons classified as dangerous pets.

jan
10-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Done my signature for Wilbur and proud to have done so, poor little baby. RIP Jan x

tricia1470
17-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Why do people think it is okay to cause pain and misery to any living thing, if they do not have the decency to provide love and protection required they should at least have the gumption to give the poor animal to some one that will. Banning these people from owning animals doesn't work they should have inflicted on them what they do to the animal maybe then they would have more respect!

Moli
17-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Why do people think it is okay to cause pain and misery to any living thing, if they do not have the decency to provide love and protection required they should at least have the gumption to give the poor animal to some one that will. Banning these people from owning animals doesn't work they should have inflicted on them what they do to the animal maybe then they would have more respect!
Agree totally with you tricia, they get off far too lightly....:evil:

dandysmom
17-11-2009, 11:19 PM
100% agreement here too, Tricia.

lisa0307
17-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Lucky to be alive: The bunny torched in his hutch by drunk woman during family argument.
Cowering in the corner of his hutch, his fur and floppy ears scorched and blackened, this is poor Bunny the rabbit just minutes after a callous drunk set him alight.
The pet rabbit was left badly burned and blistered after Katey Barber set his hutch on fire for no apparent reason in September last year.
Magistrates were told that the 22-year-old had downed seven cans of lager when she turned on Bunny after burning clothes belonging to her mother's partner in the garden.
After prodding the terrified animal with a stick, she threw a burning piece of paper into the hutch and shut the door.
The rabbit began squealing and scrabbling around the hutch in pain, but when witnesses tried to intervene, Barber simply swore and locked them inside the house to prevent them going to the animal's aid.

Barber was then seen laughing and said: 'Look, the rabbit's running around on fire,' before eventually pouring water on the poor animal to put out the blaze.
Miraculously, Bunny survived but vets who examined the animal said he could be permanently scarred by the incident.
The rabbit is now terrified of any human contact and still may need to have part of one ear amputated, they said. Bunny is now back at home.
Stockport Magistrates heard that the attack happened in September last year while Barber was staying at her mother's home in Cheadle Heath, Stockport, Manchester.
Her mother and her boyfriend were away on holiday with Barber's sister, Rachel, who was the rabbit's owner.
Dominic Geelan, prosecuting, said two children were asleep upstairs in the property when the attack began.
'The defendant, for an unaccountable reason, decided to burn her mother's partner's clothes and began placing items of his clothing in a round drum, pouring turps on them and setting them alight,' he said.
Barber then set the hutch on fire and when witnesses tried to stop her they were 'met with expletives,' Mr Geelan added.
'The defendant said she didn't care,' Mr Geelan said.
'The rabbit by this point could be heard squealing in pain. The defendant started laughing and said, "Look, the rabbit's running around on fire".'
Barber, formerly of Stockport and now of Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal when she appeared in court on Friday.
She could be jailed for up to six months, or face up to a £20,000 fine, when she is sentenced later this month.
David Harley, reviewing lawyer for the Crown Prosecution Service, said: 'This defendant caused an unnecessary amount of suffering to this animal and it is difficult to comprehend the motive behind such a senseless attack.'

**DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF EASILY UPSET**
Pictures CLICKY HERE (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1258640/Bunny-crispy-rabbit-sorry-sight-hutch-torched-owners-sister-family-bust-up.html)

:twisted:

Phoenix
17-03-2010, 09:50 PM
How could anyone DO that??????????:twisted: :evil:

angieh
17-03-2010, 09:58 PM
How horrid - couldn't look at the link. Poor bunny.

alexgirl73
17-03-2010, 11:32 PM
I saw this earlier today, and was so upset when I saw the pics of the poor rabbit. There are no words to describe what I would like to do the evil b***h who did this!!!

dandysmom
22-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Cruelty knows no borders Worse than the wheelie bin woman.

This is horrible, fortunately the cats have been rescued. How could they? :(

http://www.aspca.org/news/national/10-22-10.html#1

Moli
22-10-2010, 08:38 PM
In our local paper..................5 kittens found hanged....
They are raising money for a reward, hoping to find the culprits!!!!

dandysmom
22-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Sickening, Moli .......hope they catch the SOBs.

Moli
22-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Sickening, Moli .......hope they catch the SOBs.
So do I, I would love to meet the b******s on a dark night:evil:

farthing
24-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Latest I've heard is that it was a 'joke'. a man has been arrested for wasting police time!

Fair Mile
29-01-2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories//2011/01/25/yardley-teenage-mum-hurled-cat-to-it-s-death-from-11th-floor-97319-28046462/

MrsH
29-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Dear Heavens! :evil: it makes you wonder just how inhumane people can get! that poor little kitten. The girl is 19 years old with a child and another on the way (no mention of a dad!) how safe are her children with her if she acts on impulse like that? What a nasty way for a poor unwanted kitten to go. :cry: :cry: Heartless cow!!

Fair Mile
29-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Not sure who is worse the sub human woman or the magistrate who let her off because it was on impulse.

Does that mean all crimes on impluse are no longer crimes ?

Squirrel
29-01-2011, 04:35 PM
:mad: :shock: :o :cat14 :cat13 :smt018 :smt021

Just a small smattering of the emoticons which seemed to fit the bill when I was scrolling through them... What is she on??!?! If I were the friend I'd want nothing more to do with her having treated my pet that way. And only 10 years of not being allowed to own an animal??? I don't think she should EVER be allowed a pet - given this was the second time she'd treated an animal so cruely.

What a nasty person. I know I sometimes marvel at just how much trust such a fragile being as my little one puts in me - and how easy it would seem to hurt her - because she is so fragile and trusting towards me, but to actually deliberately do something like that, and cause such great injury... :cry:

angieh
29-01-2011, 04:46 PM
That has made be feel sick and I'm tearing up.

dandysmom
29-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Sometims I just despair..... :(

Velvet
29-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Disgraceful sentence. Makes mockery of an animals life. Having a drink problem is no excuse. Poor children. Im sure they wont have much of a life

PoshPuss
29-01-2011, 06:39 PM
There is evidence that animal cruelty is a precursor to child abuse, in this case I hope that Social Services are aware of this woman and her child and unborn baby, as there may be a human tragedy to come. The poor kitten, bless its soul, may have been sacrificed to alert the authorities to this hideous woman and her potential to harm vulnerable innocents, like her own children. Hope her children get the protection they need :shock:

dandysmom
29-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I sincerely hope you're right, PP .......

Velvet
07-02-2012, 02:41 AM
This poor little cat was mauled to death in it's own garden by out of control hunt dogs - rest in peace little one xx

http://www.u.tv/News/Cat-mauled-to-death-by-hunt-dogs/96b55fc7-1138-4c88-ab0b-17f36571b5f5

angieh
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Poor little cat .... sorry, can't read the link as I'm sure it is very distressing. RIP sweetheart.

Velvet
08-02-2012, 02:34 AM
The lady owner tried to save her little cat to no avail, she went in amongst the dogs while the hunts people didnt even apparently try to come in and help. These dogs were totally out of control.

niki71uk
04-06-2012, 07:20 PM
http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16240998

don't know if i like this!!!!!!

angieh
04-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I know I don't like it .......

niki71uk
04-06-2012, 11:00 PM
especially the expression on the cats face!!!!!!!!