PDA

View Full Version : Remembering mum

EmmaG
26-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Mum passed away 4.20pm today...me, Martin, my brother, my dad and my great auntie were with her...

After coming out of intensive care...we had some ups and downs, but unfortunately it wasnt meant to be...

:-(

Kazz
26-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I am so very very sorry Emma. May your Mom rest in peace.
My heart goes out to you all. I am so very sorry.

EmmaG
26-05-2012, 10:27 PM
thanks Karen, I am going from one minute in tears to the next smiling thinking about her..... I just hope it gets better in time... Xx

lynz85
26-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorrry to hear about your mum emma, she must have been at peace with all her family around her x

Kazz
26-05-2012, 10:40 PM
thanks Karen, I am going from one minute in tears to the next smiling thinking about her..... I just hope it gets better in time... Xx

Its too raw now, all I know is there is NO wrong way to cope with heartbreak everyone finds their own way through and people often do U turns and hit a cul-de-sac and stay a while.
I loved the picture you posted of your Mom and Poppy a couple of years ago now I think. Your Mom looked so "loved up" with the pup.

And what a lovely picture of you Martin your Mom and Dad around the time of your wedding, sitting at a table with a view?

cats' staff
26-05-2012, 10:40 PM
So sorry Emma, thinking of you and your family tonight.

MrsH
26-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, it would be a comfort to her having her family around her. We were present when my Dad passed and in a strange way that comforted us too, knowing that he was finally at peace. (((hugs)))

CathyW
26-05-2012, 10:46 PM
im so sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Kim
26-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Oh Emma, I am so sorry you have lost your dear mum, I understand what it is like to lose a mum. My thoughts are with you. ((hugs)) x

angieh
26-05-2012, 11:32 PM
So very sorry Emma, I know what you're going through xxx

Mags
27-05-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about you Mum, Emma and it is comforting to know that you and your family were with her.

My thoughts are with you and your family. (((hugs)))xx

Velvet
27-05-2012, 01:09 AM
So very sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you & your family x

Elaine
27-05-2012, 01:28 PM
So very sorry Emma xxxx

truthisouthere
27-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Very, very sorry to hear this news Emma.
From a personal experience (I had a very dear friend pass away in March) it's mixed emotions when those you hold most dear are in so much pain for so long; you don't want it to go on, but you can't imagine life without them either. It's not selfish, it's only natural. You WILL feel 'up and down', just go with it, it's all part of grieving and totally natural and understandable.
My thoughts and prayers are especially with you and your family at this time. xx

pamela81
27-05-2012, 07:33 PM
soo sorry to hear about the passing of your mum, my thoughts are with you and your family xx

Moli
27-05-2012, 08:16 PM
So sorry Emma....
Thinking of you at this sad time...xx

Donna
27-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear your sad news, Emma. Thinking of you and your family xxx

Shelley123
27-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh Emma, i am so very sorry to hear this, i have thought of you often over the last week or so.....................

EmmaG
27-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks everybody, today has been so difficult, although we were there when she passed I cannot believe I will never see her again....still expect her to walk into our garden whilst I was out there....been looking at her text and emails and cannot believe they are the last I will ever get....

Dad phoned ....he had cleaned her car and said he will sell it and also their caravan...he said she wanted me to have all of her jewellery which set me off crying. I will see dad tomorrow after going back into London to get her death certificate and paperwork.

I am very grateful to my sister in law who said she would help me organise her funeral.....I am dreading organising that...

Thanks everybody for their kind words and support, especially as I haven't been on here much recently xxxx

Shelley123
27-05-2012, 11:03 PM
can't begin to imagine how you feel Emma xx

EmmaG
27-05-2012, 11:08 PM
thanks Shelley, at the moment it is a mixture of heartbreak, sadness, disbelief, anger but also a bit of happiness when I think of the good times we had.

She was an incredibly strong person and even at the end she was still fighting strong :-(

Kazz
28-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks everybody, today has been so difficult, although we were there when she passed I cannot believe I will never see her again....still expect her to walk into our garden whilst I was out there....been looking at her text and emails and cannot believe they are the last I will ever get....

Dad phoned ....he had cleaned her car and said he will sell it and also their caravan...he said she wanted me to have all of her jewellery which set me off crying. I will see dad tomorrow after going back into London to get her death certificate and paperwork.

I am very grateful to my sister in law who said she would help me organise her funeral.....I am dreading organising that...

Thanks everybody for their kind words and support, especially as I haven't been on here much recently xxxx

Its nothing to do with the time you spend on here Emma, catseyfamily is catseyfamily - we are all with you...okay not physically I mean Elaine and I are not allowed out without restraints but we are all here.

I am pleased you will have someone with you to assist in the organising who loves your Mom too and what she would like/want.

alexgirl73
28-05-2012, 08:17 AM
It doesn't matter whether you post daily, weekly, monthly or just pop in now and again, we are all catsey family, and as such would hope we can be there to support you in some manner xx

So very sorry to hear your sad news Emma :( In time the grief will ease, and you'll be able to think of her and smile without the tears, but that is a personal journey, with no time limits, and no right or wrong way of doing things. Thinking of you and your family xx

yola
28-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm so very, very sorry Emma. I lost my Dad a good while ago, but a girl needs her Mum and I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences, and know that I'm thinking of you and your family xxxx

Kazz
29-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Hope all is okay Emma. No need to respond, just to let you know you are thought of.

angieh
29-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes, just to echo Kazz .............

EmmaG
29-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks everybody, registered mum's death yesterday which was difficult and then saw my dad, he had started to get together her things and I said I would go over tomorrow and sort out bills and her paperwork and personal bits.

Feel very numb today .....

Donna
29-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Still thinking of you Emma, it must be so hard for you and your family xxx

truthisouthere
31-05-2012, 09:46 AM
You are very much in my thoughts Emma. ((Hugs)). xx

EmmaG
31-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Just a little update, me and my sister in law saw the funeral director today and arranged the funeral, it was very difficult but the funeral director was lovely.

Yesterday was the first day I didn't cry, got upset today when me and my sister in law saw my dad after seeing the funeral director and we had to decide on her obituary, dad got upset which set me off, :-( I am ok until other people get upset or are nice to me.

Still got a lot of things to deal with .... But will get there eventually...

hopefully going back to work next week..

EmmaG
31-05-2012, 08:12 PM
thanks everybody for their kind words and support xxx

Mags
31-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Take one day at a time Emma *hugs* .... my thoughts are with you....xx

EmmaG
15-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks again everybody. Xx

Mums funeral was yesterday and although incredibly hard it was a very nice service and wake..I hope she would have been proud of us.

angieh
15-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I am sure she would have Emma (((hugs)))

Kazz
16-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I am sure she is.