PDA

View Full Version : Molly Parkin.

farthing
21-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Molly Parkin arrived at the end on November, due mainly to being aggressive and an added complication of having mammary cancer, one lump had been removed and another had appeared. We had this lump removed and it was confirmed as a mammary cancer.
She has done well and was in the vet 13 days ago for her first vaccination.
In the beginning of the week I noticed her coughing so took her in on Friday- he lungs were filled with fluid. She spent the day at the vet and we took her home in the evening with masses of medications.
She was back today for more x-rays, to try and see what was going on, thankfully the meds have removed the fluid but have showed up tumours in the lungs, secondary to the mammary cancer.
She is on steroids ( prednisolone) and diuretic ( frusemide), obviously we will keep her comfortable until she is no longer happy- anybody any advice?

angieh
21-05-2012, 10:29 PM
So sorry to hear this news Farthing. Poor Molly - all you can do is keep her as comfortable as possible. Her lungs may fill up again quickly but hopefully her medication may help delay it.

Healing vibes being sent.

Velvet
22-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Frusimide pretty strong diuretic, make them wee a lot. Poor little girl, hope she continues to make steady progress. Hugs x

yola
23-05-2012, 09:36 AM
No realy advice Farthing, sorry. I think as you probably already know it's a case of watching for any sign of deterioration and acting accordingly. Poor little Molly :(

pamela81
23-05-2012, 09:08 PM
aww sorry to hear that Molly isnt well, healing vibes being sent from us xx

farthing
04-06-2012, 12:39 PM
So far Molly is holding her own, she's lethargic and there is a fair bit of abdominal effort involved in her breathing but she is not mouth breathing or coughing. Her appetite is not as good as I would like, especially with her being on steriods but she is eating and all bodily functions are working. It was a concern when it was really hot a week ago but we now have the heating on again to keep her warm, as well as an open window for plenty of ventilation. I don't think we have long with her but she still loves a cuddle, although purring can cause coughing so I try to cuddle short times often rather than full on.

angieh
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Gentle, comforting smooths for Molly.

Velvet
05-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Hugs and healing vibes x

farthing
08-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I think we will be saying goodbye to Molly Parkin on Monday. She is on quite a high dose of steriods but is only picking at food and losing weight. I'm going to spend the weekend trying lots of types of food to tempt her but I suspect it will not work- I've tried quite a few types already.
Please think of her and hope she starts to eat, otherwise it is not fair to continue and put her through anymore.:cry:

angieh
09-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Comforting vibes for you and Molly, farthing. There comes a time when nothing can be done with kindness in mind, and you know better than most when that time has come. xxx

farthing
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I have watched Molly carefully this weekend and I think it is time to say goodbye. I am so upset we could not help her more and although we have only had her a short time, she has become a loved family member. She is a sweet little girl but struggling day by day, and breathing is an effort for her.
Please think of her tomorrow, the vet will come out and she will be PTS at home.
I am so sad she could not have had longer, she is only 9.
All because her owner could not bare to have her neutered!

pinklizzy
10-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh bless, will be thinking of you both tomorrow. She was lucky to have been with you, even if only for a short time.
Hugs xx

angieh
10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I will be thinking about you both tomorrow, very sad but the kindest thing you can do for Molly.

Mags
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I will be thinking of you both tomorrow, Farthing .....

truthisouthere
12-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Farthing, you have given dear Molly a life she would have otherwise have not had, with tenderness and compassion, how sad for her her previous owners were too quick to put their wishes 1st. She has been much loved, thinking of you at this time still.

Shelley123
12-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I am very sorry to hear about Molly

yola
12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry I missed your earlier post Farthing. You did all you could . . . but that's far than most ever do. Bon voyage Molly Parkin :(

farthing
14-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Thank you, Molly went quietly and peacefully, on our bed with Mike and I beside her.

Her owner did actually love her but could not put her through the spay op. Sadly it all went wrong for Molly- a pyometra, mammary cancer spreading into lung cancer.
I hope people can use this as an example to others as an added reason to spay- at least then Molly did not die in vain!

angieh
15-06-2012, 08:55 AM
RIP Molly Parkin - run free at the bridge with all the other beloved Catsey cats.

Shelley123
15-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Run free little Molly.