PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Tuesday

Kazz
15-05-2012, 08:57 AM
In honour of Eileen's birthday treat of a chinese meal.

Anyhow early for a daily a much missed saying ;)

In from work and had a walk in the rain with Sal the walk was planned the rain was unexpected yet expected :roll:

Not sure what the day will bring but sleep is on the agenda see you all later.:-D

Jeanette
15-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I think I'm getting sick. Yesterday I had a sore throat, made some soup and was fine again this morning.

But now again after my walk with Luna, my throat is getting sore again. Has just heated some soup, that might give me some warmth.

Its been fall-weather here for the last many days, but they are promising warmer weather at the end of the week.

Typical as I start on a course for 4 weeks:lol: Oh well..

Shelley123
15-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Morning Karen and Jeanette and of course all to follow.
Been out a walk with the dogs who are now fast asleep again, what a life !
We saw a baby bird on the ground in the park, it was fully feathered and moving it's wings quite vigorously. Not sure what type it was but could be a Blackbird. There was an adult Blackbird nearby but it didn't seem to be feeding the baby, only itself.
Couldn't see an nest so i left it where it was and hope for the best.
Work this afternoon, see you later

angieh
15-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Morning all - we've had some rain here and it was chilly this morning too. I must remember to put some fleece over the young plants in the greenhouse this evening as we have a frost forecast for either tonight or tomorrow night.

OH is off to golf and I have the washing machine man coming to repair the spin dryer this afternoon.

Pip has had the first young bird of the season - OH thinks it was a baby robin. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thinking of Eileen today ......... may go and read some of her posts as I usually end up smiling through some tears.

Enjoy your day folks!

Shelley123
15-05-2012, 07:45 PM
just been up to the park and the baby bird is still there, both times there has been a blackbird nearby although i haven't seen it feeding the baby. The rspb website says that sometimes feathered babies spend one or two days on the ground before they fly and to leave well alone. It's such a worry i hope it's ok

pamela81
15-05-2012, 09:12 PM
evening everyone, not much happening today. Just work then home. Think OH has the start of the tummy bug thats going about hope it doesnt get too bad. Ive got a very playful harrus tonight, we have played chases and he has pawed a straw that i had in my mouth and accidently caught my lip with his claw!! hes just so playful tonight, anyone want to swap for a nice calm cat!!! :lol:

EmmaG
15-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Evening all. Normal day at work for me today and went to see mum later, she is improving slowly, starting physiotherapy tomorrow to get her out of bed, she is very depressed and in a lot of discomfort. Dad and me spoke to the consultant on Friday and there is one element of the disease that she has got that he has told us if this doesn't improve it will kill her, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it does improve, but she has got a big milestone to get over :-(

Just colouring my hair (far far too many greys at the moment....lol)

I hope to check in tomorrow....xx

Moli
15-05-2012, 10:57 PM
just been up to the park and the baby bird is still there, both times there has been a blackbird nearby although i haven't seen it feeding the baby. The rspb website says that sometimes feathered babies spend one or two days on the ground before they fly and to leave well alone. It's such a worry i hope it's ok
The babies usually spend a few days in the bushes, before the start to fly, this is the time of the year I have to keep my eye on the boys:?