PDA

View Full Version : Cat weight?

Pickalilly
13-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi,

My gorgeous Henry is a ginger, 9 month old athletic Ragdoll X. He has a big appetite but is outside for most of the day, climbing trees, annoying the tiny Maltese next door and chasing birds fruitlessly. I make sure to not feed him too much and he hardly gets any treats - when he does they are healthy thrive ones.

I weighed him today, and he is exactly 4 kg. Now, his mother is an enormous raggie so he is going to be big. He's also quite a stocky (muscle, no fat) boy. Ragdolls mature at about four, so I guess he will mature at about two or three because he is half.

Henry still has many kitten looks about him. He will get quite a lot bigger,I am sure. I am taking him to the vet in a week for his nine month check up, so I will ask then, but how much heavier do you think he will get? I would love a massive chunky kitty! :D

And, can anyone else share how much their cat weighs/weighed at nine months?

Thanks so much!:)

fancyabrew
14-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Marmaduke was probably around 4kg at 9 months, he's a BSH so quite big. He's now 16 months and 6.5kg, I think he's stopped growing but BSH mature at around 4

pamela81
14-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Harris at the age was only about 2.37kg but he had been ill as a youngster and took time to put weight on. He is still petite, no idea about skyes weight at that age unfortunately