PDA

View Full Version : Red White Blue

Kazz
22-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Going to Red White and Blue for hanging baskets this year.:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

EmmaG
22-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Lol good idea Kazz,

I have planted blue/purple violas and some white plants in our wall pots at the front of the bungalow.

:-)

alexgirl73
22-04-2012, 01:02 PM
oooooo, tell me more :D I like the idea of that Karen. What are you going with and where do I get from lol.

Mags
22-04-2012, 02:06 PM
An easy Jubliee basket can be made up of just red, white and blue petunias as shown in this video .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki0UMLzi1qM

Or you can choose various other plants such as .........
RED: trailing geraniums, petunias, impatiens, verbena, salvias

WHITE: trailing fuschia, petunias, impatiens, bacopa, ivy leafed geraniums, verbena

BLUE: trailing lobelia, bush lobelia, petunias, bacopa, verbena, impatiens.

There are other plants available in those colours so the choice is yours, I love visiting Garden Centres as there is so much variety there:D

Kazz
22-04-2012, 02:25 PM
The only thing I would say Alex is make sure whatever you buy you can see the colour before you plant it, unless you do not mind if the colours plan goes aray.
Alex I will let you know what I decide I will not be getting anything till I come back from Spain.

May even do one basket/pots of red, one of white, one of blue and put them close together.

yola
22-04-2012, 02:34 PM
With the water restrictions this year I'm not adding to my workload by planting any pots or baskets of annuals, but I do agree that red, white and blue make a really fitting display . . . look forward to seeing everyone's efforts :D

alexgirl73
22-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for that Mags :D And it's off to the garden centre I go next week lol.